Prestige Home Center - PRESTIGE HOME CENTER, OF PANAMA CITY, FL - WHEN WE WENT TO CLOSE THE PAYMENT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE 750.00 BUT IT ENDED UP BEING 1180.23.

Posted on Tuesday, August 31st, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 0e42a343

Company: Prestige Home Center

Location: PANAMA CITY, FL, US

Category: Building, Construction

CARRABELLE, FL.32322

I purchased a home from PRESTIGE HOME CENTER, OF PANAMA CITY, FL.

IT TOOK A YEAR TO GET THE HOUSE . THEN WHEN WE WENT TO CLOSE THE PAYMENT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE 750.00 BUT IT ENDED UP BEING 1180.23.

I HAD ALREADY SOLD MY HOUSE AND THERE WAS NO BACKING OUT CAUSE THE NEW HOUSE WAS ON THE LOT READY TO BE DELIVERED. THE SALES REPS. INSISTED THAT EVERYTHING WOULD BE O.KI.. BUT TO MY SURPRISE THE MASTER BATH WAS BUILT WRONG THEY HAD TO COME IN AND REBUILD IT.

THEN IT WAS TAKING 3H.R.S. TO COOK A POT OF TATERS ON THE STOVE. AND THE CLOTHES WAS NEVER GETTING DRY SO I PULL THE APPLIANCES OUT TO CHECK THE PLUGS AND TO MY SURPRISE AGAIN THE PLUGS WHERE WIRED UP FOR 110VOLTS. I FIXED THE PROBLEM AND THEN CONTACTED THE FACTORY THEY INSISTED THAT THEIR ELECT. PEOPLE DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES LIKE THAT .

BUT WHEN I GAVE THEM A BILL THEY ACTED LIKE I HAD DONE SOMETHING WRONG BY FIXING IT. AND THEN I ASKED THE FACTORY MANAGER WHAT WOULD HE DONE IF MY NEW HOUSE BURNT DOWN. HE REPLIED WE'LL JUST GIVE YOU A NEW HOUSE AND WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH THAT HE SAID SMARTLY TO ME . I REPLIED I WOULD OWN THE COMPANY. EVERYTIME I CALL TO GET SOME SATISFACTION THEY BLOW OFF LIKE THEY MADE AND IT'S DONE I EITHER DEAL WITH IT OR JUST KISS OFF.

I'M NOT GOING AWAY AND NOT GOING TO STAY QUIET ABOUT THIS CAUSE I'M PAYING WAY TO MUCH MONEY FOR SOMETHING THAT MY KIDS COULD OF BUILT BETTER.

C. P

Business Reply  Dan R., 2013-02-14, 12:29AM CST

I just ran across this complaint while looking for other information. First let me say that Prestige Home Centers does not set the payments, the customer's lender does. Secondly, before the customer goes to a closing the lender sends out a GFE (Good Faith Estimate)of what the total payment, taxes and insurance is going to be and how much money is required to bring to the closing. Usually that estimate is higher than that of the actual final amount. It seems very implausable that the GFE would be off by $400+ per month.

I do apologise if our customer did not receive the respect he desreved when calling our factory. There is never a reason for not giving our customers respect. This happened so long ago that the people involved are probably no longer there.

Prestige Home Centers prides itself on making sure our customers are pleased with their homes. Since 1967 our we and parent company has sold over 55,000 homes. We maintain an A+ rating at our local Better Business Bureau. It's unfortunate that this customer did not request a supervisor when he received poor treatment. Perhaps things might have turned out differently.