Posted on Wednesday, August 25th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 96539c89

Company: 1997 Chevy Cavalier - In the three years we've owned this car we've had to replace the water pump, oil gasket and today the fuel pump.

1997 Chevy Cavalier

We purchased a new-to-us 1997 Chevy Cavalier in 2001. The car had only 65,000 kilometers and our mechanic said it was in "brand new" condition. The vehicle had been previously leased by the dealer. All paperwork regarding maintenance had been kept up to date and there had been no recorded problems in the past. In the three years we've owned this car we've had to replace the water pump, oil gasket and today the fuel pump.

Today's bill was nearly $800.00. The mechanic says these types of repairs are premature for this car considering it's age and mileage (75,000 kilometers). I've been told that Sunfires & Cavaliers are notorious for fuel pump problems but of course didn't hear this until today when we needed to have ours replaced.

I cannot afford to continue to put money into this car at this rate especially in light of the fact I drive an average of only 2,000 kilometers per year. I will not be purchasing another Cavalier nor recommending Cavaliers to anyone.

Daniel & L Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //