AOL - AOL Credit Alert - I have placed numerous calls to AOL Credit Alert @ 888-289-6318 attempting to resolve this matter to little avail. Every single time I call, I get apologies and then I am told the company will issue the remaining credit in another 10-15

Posted on Wednesday, August 25th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 9bfa05b9

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

I reside at Stone Mountain, GA 30083.

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to cancel membership in AOL Credit Alert program since early July, 2004. In spite of being given several Cancellation confirmation #'s i.e., WP4090824 on July 28, 2004, WP4090824 on August 24, 2004 and another CX # on July 6, 2004 I cannot locate right now,only $7.50 of the $89.99 erroneously billed has been credited to my credit card. The remaining $82.49 credit due me has never been issued.

I have placed numerous calls to AOL Credit Alert @ 888-289-6318 attempting to resolve this matter to little avail. Every single time I call, I get apologies and then I am told the company will issue the remaining credit in another 10-15 days. This has gone on since July 6, 2004.

Additionally, when I agreed to try this program I was assured by AOL Credit Alert rep, that prior to me being actually billed, I would receive written notice in the mail when my introductory period was ending. That notice was never received. As a result I received a $29.00 over limit fee on my credit card in July. This over limit fee affects ny credit standing with the credit card company and may increase my finance rate.

I have talked to a Christie, Mia, Sonny and their respective supervisors at AOL Credit Alert and get the same song and dance. This appears to be a major scam being perpetrated on the public and needs to be stopped.

Because of all the issues with getting this canceled timely and correctly, I believe AOL Credit Alert owes me the remaining credit of $82.49 + $29.00 for the over limit fee I had to pay.

Please help.