Chase - Chase Bank %0 balance transfer - Although they stated they would transfer the entire balance from our existing Visa card to a %0 account, they did not, When we called them and asked what was going on? We found that not only had they not transfered the ent

Posted on Wednesday, August 18th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 7927fc99

Company: Chase

Category: Business, Finances

We recently took up Chase Bank's %0 balance transfers. We figured how can you go wrong? Although they stated they would transfer the entire balance from our existing Visa card to a %0 account, they did not, When we called them and asked what was going on? We found that not only had they not transfered the entire balance, they also said we did not qualify for their %0 transfer as that offer only applied to larger balances.

When we said we were not interested in their offer, they said we owed $150.00 for the balance transfer fee. (read the fine print). So now we have two Visa accounts with two monthly payments that total more than the single account. By the way, The minimum transfer to qualify for the %0 account is $8,000. They transfered $7,500. How convenient for them. Amazing that I only qualify for a $7,500 account when our annual income is over 100k. To sum it up...Chase Bank is using the Bait and Switch tactic to lure unsuspecting customers to open new accounts. Beware!! W. Parker

Pleasanton, Texas

6e49029e, 2008-10-06, 04:20AM CDT

You are correct in your assumptions about Chase. They don't care about about existing customers either. I inquired to them regarding a balance transfer offer I received in the mail. When I asked them to waive the balance transfer fee, since the cost defeated the entire purpose, they blatantly refused. When I asked for a supervisor, the woman rudely told me, I am a supervisor. When I requested to file a complaint that she appeared not to care about a long-standing customer with on-time payment history and excellent credit score, she advised me there wasn't anybody who could help. What? There is a corporate office who dictates these terms, right? Yes, she said, but they won't do anything for you. I asked to provide my email address for them to try to help. She said don't bother, they won't. What? Are you kidding me? After I told her I'd never use this particular credit card again, EVER, I promptly hung up on her!

b2e023d5, 2008-10-28, 03:43PM CDT

I had the same exact problem with Chase. For some reason, suddenly, after 7 years of the same account and address with chase, they starting sending my bill to a different address. So, when I did not recieve my bill, I called them...at which point it was already late, and I was informed of the mistake they had made. Because I had not made a payment, I was charged a $39 late fee which I asked to be removed since it was their error. She told me no. And just like the previous comment, I said, really? even for a loyal customer of 7 years who has never made a late payment has an 800+ credit score and a 35k credit limit? and she said no. I asked to speak to her supervisor, she told me she didn't have one. I asked for the corporate office number and she said this was it. I asked for managers names numbers anything and she said there is no one to help. I find that completely unbelievable. They completely do not give a damn about their customers and don't care how loyal you are. I threatened to close my account and she said go ahead i'll put in the request right now. Just proves they don't care if they have you as a customer or not. They have gotten too big and too full of themselves and do not believe in customer service anymore. I transfered my remaining balace, closed the card, and filed a complaint with the better business bureau. Not that it will do anything...but you guys should do the same.