Adelphia cable and powerlink - Adelphia cable and powerlink - I have had a total of 5 technicians out to my house on 5 occasions to correct a recurrent powerlink connectivity problem. My cable modem loses it connection intermittently

Posted on Tuesday, August 17th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 546e40dc

Company: Adelphia cable and powerlink

Category: TV, Music, Video

I have had a total of 5 technicians out to my house on 5 occasions to correct a recurrent powerlink connectivity problem. My cable modem loses it connection intermittently. My powerlink connection has went down more then 28 times since I signed up for their service in April of 2004. I have used over 18 hours of vacation time to meet these technicians at my home.

As it turns out, the technicians in the first 4 visits worked on the wrong cable supply box located in our neighbors back yard. The actual box is located in the other neighbors back yard. Since the last technician worked on the right box the problem has been solved. I called a few weeks ago about viewing NBC in HDTV for the Olympic Games. I was told by customer service that Adelphia would be offering that even though I had not seen and marketing to that affect. I was reassured that I would be able to view the NBC Broadcast in HDTV with my HD cable box. That has not been the case.

Every time I tried to call customer support I get disconnected (8 times so far over 5 days). I tried to call my local office direct but the number listed in the phone book and the Adelphia website is a wrong number. I can't even get a hold of anyone to fix the problem.