AOL - aol internet - service and account tampering

Posted on Sunday, August 15th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 328d8836

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

AOL / SERVICE CHANGE, OVER-CHARGING, ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFO, 1000'S OF HOURS ON LINE EACH MONTH, HORRIBLE TREATMENT TO CONSUMER AND!!! WAS ASKED IF ID LIKE TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT!!!...TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS AND UNBELIEVABLE!!

HERE IS THE LETTER OF COMPLAINT AS WELL AS THE TREATMENT I RECEIVED FROM : AOL

i am very dissatisfied with the way I've been treated, spoken to and the fact that my acct was changed, my billing info tampered with, my private info somehow accessed by a supposed supervisor that i spoke with on Friday 8/13/04. i am planning to file a complaint with the better business bureau as i have been over-charged as someone changed my service plan and then denied from the supposed supervisor to credit my account, that he refused to acknowledge the fact that my account has been tampered with and told me if id like to, i could cancel my aol membership right then and there if i didn't like the service. i think aol better start training or hiring the right people for customer service....ever hear of ISO Certification? your reps could use some of it. i am disgusted with the fact that i was not able to access aol from my work station but since i was able to connect with my laptop...

it was no big deal and i shouldn't have been complaining. im moving in a few weeks and if i am not accommodated, i will be switching to MSN and telling everyone that can hear me that aol has tampered with my account and accessed personal information. i cannot believe the audacity that your service reps have. i was also told that im online for 1000's of hours a month...hello........there aren't even as many hours existing in a month!! aol will be lucky enough if i dont file a lawsuit. by the way...i have a very good firewall.

someone is obviously hacking from inside aol. you should investigate your workers. i was told my bank account info is on file, my ss#....i don't know what kind of nit-wits would even type in their ss# online, but it certainly isn't me. i am extremely distrusting of your services and absolutely irate over the way i was patronized like im some kind of idiot...the service rep didn't even understand what dial up meant...i had to repeat myself about 4-6 times. my call was placed on 8/13/04 at i believe 12:50 pm? - 1:26pm? im sure you have it on voice record.

i spoke with live help the night before and i was accommodated with a one month credit for the overcharges and tampering, but i did not want anything changed on my account until i spoke with a supervisor on the phone. i got more than i bargained for, like knowing my personal information is within aol files. i want my information destroyed. i do not want my information lying within the files or workers of your company. amuse yourself by listening in on the scholarship of a conversation i had with the woman and man on Friday afternoon.