Posted on Friday, August 13th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 4936df71

Company: Radio Shack, Lower Burrell, PA - I asked Radio Shack to replace the battery in my Casio 358 AQ 100W watch. The watch has sentimental value as it was a gift - The representative assured me he could replace the battery. The representative broke my watch--th

Radio Shack, Lower Burrell, PA - I asked Radio Shack to replace the battery in my Casio 358 AQ 100W watch. The watch has sentimental value as it was a gift - The representative assured me he could replace the battery. The representative broke my watch--the hands fell off their mount--and then handed the watch back to me and asked me if I had brought it in broken

Radio Shack watch battery replacement, Lower Burrell, PA.

I asked Radio Shack to replace the battery in my Casio 358 AQ 100W watch. The watch has sentimental value as it was a gift.

The representative assured me he could replace the battery. The representative broke my watch--the hands fell off their mount--and then handed the watch back to me and asked me if I had brought it in broken.

That was over 70 days ago. After explaining to the local store manager that Radio Shack damaged my watch, the best he could do was offer me a replacement watch at equal value and I would have to release my original watch to Radio Shack.

I contacted the district manager and he refused to correct the situation. Instead, he advised me there was nothing more he could do. It is my opinion that if Radio Shack damaged the watch, they have an obligation to repair the watch irregardless of the cost to them.

This is yet another example of the lack of customer service present in today's retail/service environment in spite of their fervent diatribes about how they are here to service the customer.

I will not be returning to Radio Shack for anything. I now must attempt to find someone who can repair this watch and file a civil suit asking that my expenses for this repair be returned to me by Radio Shack.

Bob

Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //

49756863, 2009-10-07, 07:56AM CDT

And because of this, they are no longer allowed to replace batteries in watches. This is very inconvenient to everyone else that shops there. If the watch was so important to you, you should have replaced the battery yourself. Any idiot knows that the people that work at Radio Shack are not jewelers. Sounds to me like you brought in a broken watch so you could pin the blame on someone else. Disgusting.