Posted on Wednesday, August 11th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by ad479e2d

Company: NCL America Freestyle Crusing, Pride of Aloha - Let me just say I don't plan on taking anymore more cruises with Norwegian. I have travel all over, been to all 50 states and several cruises. This was the absolute worse. Poor service and just not enough he

NCL America Freestyle Crusing, Pride of Aloha - Let me just say I don't plan on taking anymore more cruises with Norwegian. I have travel all over, been to all 50 states and several cruises. This was the absolute worse. Poor service and just not enough help or room for the number of people they are putting on the Pride of Aloha.

NCL America Freestyle Crusing, Pride of Aloha

Let's see we received our luggage about 10 hours after getting on the ship. The passengers were going to the luggage room to pick up our luggage. I myself went 3 times but never found the luggage. Some of the stewards were carry 1 small piece of luggage and with not much help, no wonder it took so long to get our luggage. We had a small child with us and she wanted to go swimming and she didn't, we just sat around all afternoon until it was dinner time.

There was never enough food on the ship, always ran out like tea, coffee, orange juice, meats and veggies, there was always plenty of hard bread. Things that were advertised on the menu wasn't available or just plain didn't have it. Some of the food was prepared on barbecues which was nice was not properly kept after it was cooked. Chicken, steak and ribs were cooked and then just put on racks and not cooled or kept heated with fly and bugs landing on it and then it was served to the passengers.

We ate in the buffets at first but had to take our food back to our rooms because there was never enough places to sit down and with 2 senior citizens this was very difficult. When we went to the set down dining rooms we would arrive about 30 minutes early so we could get a seat and then it took over 2 hours to be served and we didn't even get all of the courses.

We only got to have desert one night, we would get up and leave because we wanted to catch the nights show because they were excellent. The food wasn't good at all, not like I have had on other cruises. The free style dining is a lot of standing in line and waiting and then more waiting for the food. Not at all what you would expect on a cruise.

When we arrived our room wasn't cleaned and it took several hours before it was cleaned. The room personal was great after we got finally got our room clean.

Shore excursions were very expensive but very good. That is the one thing we enjoyed most and the one day we had lunch off of the ship was simply wonderful. Oh let me tell you one thing, don't try to bring food back on the ship, it's not allowed. We bought some fruit and couldn't bring it on the ship. We wanted some healthy good food to eat but had to throw it away at the gates of getting back on the ship. I couldn't find any info anywhere about no foods or fruits on board. This was a US ship and we were in the US.

They do serve ice cream almost every day but don't have a good variety of flavors for children. One day they had strawberry, coconut and pistachio. Needless to saw not many children were happy or eating ice cream.

We were celebrating two anniversary and these were never acknowledged and nothing special was done for them. Oh well, that's the least of the problems.

Getting off of the boat we carried our own luggage and made out fine but other passengers had waited over 2 hours for theirs. I felt so sorry for them but we learned out lesson when we arrived.

I wish all 2000 passengers would write something here. I never heard a good thing about the cruise and this is highly unusual for a cruise. All of the ones that I have been on have been great and I was treated like a Princess or Queen and on this one I felt like I was in prison.

We were charge a $5 fee for some museum which we didn't even know about, other passengers told us about this. We were also charged a $10 service fee and it was not a gratuity, who knows what it was for but for $20,000 extra a day or $140,000 extra a cruise someone is making some money. I asked several people what it was for and no one seemed to know. I wrote this question on my comment card to and I have been back 2 weeks and still don't know what I paid for. This was charged to everyone, no way of getting out of it.

I am hoping things will improve, I myself have written to the Governor and also to Office of Consumer Protection and to Norwegian too, plus I voiced my concerns to the employees on Pride of Aloha. Pride of Aloha employees didn't seem to care at all, what a shame. This could have been a wonderful cruise going just to the Hawaiian Islands. I am trying to get with all the right people to make changes.

Thanks for reading!!!!

Cynthia D Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //

0dc80ad1, 2008-08-04, 08:24PM CDT

Hi Cynthia D.

I don't know when you posted this slander against Norwegian, but it seems to have worked. NCL no longer has but one ship the Pride of America in Hawaiian Islands. We cruised with Norwegian Prideof America last December the week of 16th 2007. We had a great time onboard. As for your mysterious fees, they are quite well described. For your RICH Hi-Class apetite restaurants there is a 20% tip. Using excursions desk there's a fee, and a percent tip for age bracket. All is explained and made clear in your daily news letters which YOU obviously ignored and threw out. There was never any bad food, nor was it ever mishandled in anyway. I had the honor to watch my Dad (an Army Cook for 16 years) prepare food. I know from his teaching me to cook all was handled well. I really can't figure your outstanding inflated prices either. Our only problem is shifty discount travel agents from the various companies out in the cyber world.

Perhaps your experience was choosing the wrong ship(?) Try the Pride of America-her crew and onboard employees are much better.