Posted on Monday, August 2nd, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by c4e4a19e

Company: U-Haul - U-Haul's Roadside Assistance phone number AND customer service number are manned by the untrained, rude and inept. The alternator went out on a cross-country move. I have tried for the last FIVE hours to get a status on roadside assistance and ha

U-Haul - U-Haul's Roadside Assistance phone number AND customer service number are manned by the untrained, rude and inept. The alternator went out on a cross-country move. I have tried for the last FIVE hours to get a status on roadside assistance and have been unable to speak to anyone who can answer a question.

Five hours and no status on repair of U-Haul truck

FYI, U-Haul's Roadside Assistance phone number AND customer service number are manned by the untrained, rude and inept. The alternator went out on a cross-country move. I have tried for the last FIVE hours to get a status on roadside assistance and have been unable to speak to anyone who can answer a question.

I have been pleasant and the agents have hung-up or transferred my call to an unanswered queue. Each time I have waited fifteen minutes with no one picking up the transferred call. When I politely ask for a supervisor, the agents have advise wait one moment, where again the call is passed to the unanswered queue.

I have tried various ways of getting the agent's attention or interest in my situation. This company's customer service and roadside assistance are UNRELIABLE and INFURIATING. The manager we dealt with during the pick-up process in Arlington, Texas took 2 hours to issue our truck. He took a multitude of outside phone calls, waited on 3 other customers and changed a light bulb while we stood there waiting.

This company reminds me of a magician's fake movements that distract you of the fact that the trucks are old and run down, the processes disjointed, and the databases do not intersect. THIS COMPANY IS BEHIND THE TIMES. GET SOME TECHNOLGY to HELP YOUR EMPLOYEES serve your customers. I recommend you look for truck rental elsewhere. No price is worth this aggravation and disrespect. There are better companies out there. DO NOT USE U-haul Click this link to e-mail the above consumer: //