Posted on Tuesday, April 6th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by a6afc974

Company: Dunkin' Donuts, Galleria Mall at Crystal Run, Middletown, NY - too much ice in French Vanilla Lattes

I RECENTLY VISITED ONE OF YOUR DUNKIN' DONUTS LOCATIONS AT THE GALLERIA MALL AT CRYSTAL RUN IN MIDDLETOWN, NY.

I HAVE BEEN A LONGTIME CUSTOMER FOR OVER 25 YRS. OVER THE YEARS I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT YOUR PRICES WERE VERY REASONABLE ON ALL YOUR PRODUCTS. THIS PARTICULAR TIME I DECIDED TO ORDER 2 FRENCH VANILLA LATTES. - OOOH LA,LA. I GENERALLY NEVER LOOK UP AT THE MENU TO CHECK THE PRICES BECAUSE I ALWAYS TRUSTED THE FACT THAT THE PRICE WOULD BE REASONABLE.

THE CLERK BEHIND THE COUNTER PULLS OUT 2 MEDIUM SIZE CUPS, LITERALLY FILLS THEM UP TO THE TOP WITH ICE, POURED THE LATTE INTO THEM AND APPLIED WHIPPED CREAM (CHEAP TASTING) ON THE TOP. THE CASHIER RINGS UP THE AMOUNT, I LOOK AT THE REGISTER AND IT SHOWS $8 AND CHANGE. I WAS IN TOTAL SHOCK. I THEN FOR SURE LOOKED UP AT THE PRICE AND IT WAS INDEED $3.99 PLUS TAX FOR EACH.

I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. I AM NOT THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD COMPLAIN AND CAUSE A SCENE IN PUBLIC. I NICELY PAID THE CASHIER. THE CLERK THEN HANDS OVER THE LATTES TO ME WITH A BIG SMILE FOLLOWED BY A BIG FROWN ON HER FACE. SHE COULD TELL I WAS VERY UPSET. WE EXITED THE SHOP AND I STARTED TO DRINK MY LATTE. WITHOUT EXXAGERATION, I WAS DONE DRINKING THE LATTE WITHIN 90 SECONDS.

THE CUP WAS SO CONSUMED WITH ICE, THAT IT LEFT VERY LITTLE ROOM FOR THE LATTE. SECONDLY, THE LATTE TASTED SO BLAND BECAUSE IT WA SO "WATERED DOWN" BY THE ICE. THIRDLY, THE WHIP CREAM HAD NO TAST AT ALL TO IT. I WAS SO ANGRY THAT POINT THAT I THREW THE CUP INTO A GARBAGE PAIL WITH DISGUST.

I NEVER FELT SO RIPPED OFF BEFORE IN A LONG TIME. I AM NOT A CHEAP PERSON, BUT I

KNOW THE VALUE OF A DOLLAR. EVEN IF THE LATTE WAS TASTFUL AND PLENTIFUL.

THE PRICE IS STILL OUTRAGEOUS. THE WAY IT WAS PREPARED TO US IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY. I WAS VISITING MIDDLETOWN, NY FROM OUT OF TOWN. MIDDLETOWN IS PREDOMINANLY A LOWER INCOME COMMUNITY. I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THE RESIDENTS PROTEST OVER SOMETHING LIKE THIS. AT THIS POINT, I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING ENDING MY LON TERM RELATIONSHIP WITH DUNKIN' DONUT'S. IN TODAY'S ECONOMY YOU CANNOT CHARGE THESE TYPE OF PRICES WITH SO LITTLE VALUE. DUNKIN' DONUTS WILL FIND THEMSELVES GOING BANKRUPT VERY SHORTLY. IF THERE IS ANY WAY YOU CAN WIN WE OVER AS A CUSTOMER (VALUE COUPONS, ETC.) PLEASE WRITE TO ME DAVID J

UNIT 6

CONGERS, NY 10920

SINCERLEY,

DAVID J

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

80bfd022, 2008-06-03, 01:57PM CDT

I am sorry to hear your complain and concern about the price. Few things I would like to clarify:

1) Filling the cup with ice to the brim is the part of the recepie.

Rest I cannot say for sure why Lattte did not taste right.

It may be caliberation of the latte machine.