1999 Dodge Dakota - 38,900 miles - just replaced intake manifold gasket

Posted on Tuesday, April 6th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by ba228789

Company: 1999 Dodge Dakota - 38,900 miles - just replaced intake manifold gasket

1999 Dodge Dakota - 38,900 miles - just replaced intake manifold gasket

99 Dodde Dakota

I own a 99 Dodge Dakota with 38,900 miles on it and just had to replace the intake manifold gasket which was 350. I have read on other websites that this repair is very common for this motor and one I read stated that a person with 100,000 miles on their Dakota replaced it 3 times.

I contacted Chrysler and after it was diagnosed at my dealer they stated they'd cover the parts cost. This was a measly 60 dollar gasket. I got stuck with the labor cost of 350.

I take great care of my Dakota and it has very low miles. Chrysler is ridiculous. They don't have a customer service at all. I shouldn't be paying for major repairs on a motor with only 38,900 miles on it. Also the same thing happened with my 98 Voyager that had an evaporator core leak. That was almost 800 and Chrysler didn't touch it or pay a dime.

My voyager had 40,000 miles on it when it happened. We got rid of it. I will get rid of my truck too as soon as I can. Chrysler is the worst auto maker I ever had to deal with. Toyota and Honda, here I come!

Bryan and Amy K

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //