Posted on Tuesday, April 6th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by af7f6a56

Company: AT&T Wireless - service shut off for non-payment, but made all payments via TCF Bank

Trouble w/AT&T Wireless and TCF Bank

1.) Back in Oct. of 03 AT&T wireless turned off my cell phone service. I called the to ask why, and I was told they had not rec'd a payment on my account since Aug. I immediately pulled out all the copies of my bank statements and copied all the checks I wrote to AT&T. I even went so far as to my bank and have them physically check to make each 1 of those were cleared.

I was told they were. I called AT&T back again and told them I had over $600.00 in payments made to them. Plus in Sept. and Oct. I received a credit statement for $45.90 each w/amount due as 0 balance due. I faxed and mailed copies of my cancelled checks and the 2 credit statements to AT&T 4 times now and I"m now getting letters from a collection agency and I've sent the same information to them twice.

Plus I filed a claim w/the Better Business Bureau. As of today 4/4/04 I still have had no results and now I'm getting bills stating I now owe them over $1,500, instead of the ordinals $665.00 they said I owed when this whole thing got started.

Which amazes me since I have not had a cell phone w/AT&T wireless since they turned them off last Oct. What I do don't understand is if they sent me 2 credit statements 2 months in a row saying 0 balance due then how can they now say I owe them over $1,500 2.) I have been getting numerous false charges submitted to my TCF Bank checking account. I gone to the bank 3 times and filed a claim for them to ivestagate these charges. But they are still letting these same companies submit the same charges over and over again creating numerous overdrafts and over the limit charges and bounced checks because of it.

What I don't understand is if I've already notified the bank that these charges are not legit, how come there are still letting these companies submit charges to my account thus putting further and further into a negative balance. Can you help me.

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //

8e53ed7f, 2010-01-12, 07:26PM CST

MY PHONE BILL IS TOO HIGH.... I DO NOT USE THIS NUMBER, I USE MY CELL, SO THIS $500.00 BILL IS UNACCEPTABLE...I WANT IT TURN OFF NOW. MY NUMBER 408 378-8266

NAME: NANCY GUILFORD SAIN