Publisher's Clearing House - Publisher's Clearing House - I kept receiving a phone call from the number 1-877-729-3975 at least three times a day for the last five days

Posted on Friday, April 23rd, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by e0a6e563

Company: Publisher's Clearing House

Category: Unsolicited Phone Calls

I kept receiving a phone call from the number 1-877-729-3975 at least three times a day for the last five days. I am a full time student as well as a full time worker, so I often miss calls. I tried to call the number back but kept receiving a busy number.

Finally, someone from the number called again and I was able to pick up my cell phone. They were from publishers clearing house and the young man on the phone told me that I had been entered into this sweepstakes and all of that good stuff.

When he asked me what my hobbies were, I told him none; that I am a full time student in response he screamed over the phone that he was a full time human being. So I sat there, baffled that a sales person would actually say this. He continued on with his little speech until he screamed out "damn" because he has read his speech wrong.

It is unbelievable that any manger would excuse this type of behavior. He continues asking questions and I continue answering them. Towards the end of our conversation he wants me to buy 12 months of a certain magazine and in return I will receive five other magazines free for 12 months. Assuming that I am on board with his sales pitch he want's to know my zip code after repeating my home address to me. In return I ask if he could please not send me these magazines.

He then wants to know why, and I tell him in perfect honesty because I don't want them coming to my home since I will just throw them away. At that point he hangs up the phone on me. I am outraged that this type of behavior is acceptable. These telemarketer phone calls are recorded and to let this type of work ethic slide is baffling.

One Extremely Outraged "Human Being"

Kelly

959b2446, 2009-02-22, 11:53AM CST

I received a phonecall from someone who claims she is from PCH. Asked me what credit cards and bank accounts I have. Thankfully, I've read the warning site about these scammers who pretends they are from PCH. So I just told her I dont have credit cards or any bank accounts.

I researched about PCH, their history, lessons learned trough the years, watch videos of the winning moments of lucky ones in you tube, read news about them and sites on how to avoid being scammed by those using their company's name... All I know is that the real PCH staff just shows up at your door to award your winnings. They are quite clear about their rule that you don't need to purchase something in order to win. And if you do decide to purchase something it's your sole responsibility to find out first the details about the company you are buying from.

Joyce M., 2014-05-15, 03:11PM CDT

I would like to know what my complete bill for ordering on the publishers list of merchandise that I have ordered and have not paid for yet. Please advise me of my complete purchases with shipping fees so that I can pay for the things I just ordered on May 14. Thank you, Joyce Melhiser Acct. #01713830238