Posted on Friday, April 23rd, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by b32e1a72

Company: Turbo Tax for the Web - Filed my taxes this year owed taxes so I gave them my account number. Both Federal and CA state double charged me

TurboTax

Turbo Tax for the web. I have used them for 4 years. Filed my taxes this year owed taxes so I gave them my account number. Both Federal and CA state double charged me.

They both blamed Turbotax, but could not do anything about it. However, there is no way to get hold of any TurboTax employee by Phone or EMAIL. And there online chat was not at all helpful. here is an excerpt.

You have been connected to C Marv.

C Marv: Hello saqib, how may I help you today?

SM: hi

SM: I filed my return on time

SM: owned money, and asked them to debit my checking account

SM: However, EFTPS has chared me twice fo same transaction

SM: my product was turbotax for web

C Marv: S, could you please let me know which turbotax product you had used?

SM: turbotax for web basic

C Marv: Basic, Right?

SM: yes

C Marv: Please give me a moment.

SM: ok

SM: I contacted EFTPS and CA franchise tax board (both doubke charged) they said it happened through turbotax

C Marv: s, is it the tax due or the efiling fee?

SM: this is tax due, I was charged $2000 extra becuase turbotax double filed my return or something

SM: it had to be the way it was filed as both EFTPS and CA franchise board since both charged me twice

SM: are you still there Marv?

Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....

C Marv: s,i am still researching you issue, please stayonline.

Network connection re-established.

SM: thank you appreciate your help

Network connection re-established.

C Marv: S, thank you for staying online.

SM: ok

C Marv: My resources clearly states that turbotax doesn't handle the exchange of money just the transmission of the return .

C Marv: We only transmit the return, from there the taxing authority does the rest

SM: So somehow both CA and federal charged me twice , that does not seem logical

C Marv: Given the situation, I have provided you with the best information I have.

SM: Fine, I called the board they said you guys transmitted my return to them twice EFTPS

SM: I will investigate, however if it is verified that you did twice then I want to record and save this conversation

SM: thank you

Saqib M

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //