Posted on Thursday, April 22nd, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by dbfc98c3

Company: 1996 Mazda 626 - at 108 K, with my cars transmission locked just like thousands of other Mazda 626 owners

1996 Mazda 626

I purchased a 96 Mazda 626 a year ago with 86K on it and they person I bought it from said he rebuilt the transmission. Here I am at 108 K, with my cars transmission locked just like thousands of other Mazda 626 owners. Every mechanic I have talked to including well known AAMCO said there is a serious design flaw in Mazda 626.

There are numerous forums on the web all talking about this issue. We all know the design flaw now and know that without doing some specific tasks during the rebuilding process, this problem never goes away. I contacted MAzda with no avail.

Expensive fixing or rebuilding transmissions on these cars repeatedly is costing us so much money!!! My question is why Mazda is not fixing this or recalling this product. Abunaser F

abunaser f

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //