TROPICAL POOLS, INC. - TROPICAL POOLS, INC. GOLDSBORO, NC - SWIMMING POOL SALES AND INSTALLATION

Posted on Wednesday, April 21st, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 2184a1cb

Product: SWIMMING POOL SALES AND INSTALLATION

Company: TROPICAL POOLS, INC.

Location: GOLDSBORO, NC, US

Category: Building, Construction

TROPICAL POOLS, INC. GOLDSBORO, NC TO START OFF WITH, WE RESPONDED TO AN AD IN LOCAL PAPER ABOUT POOL "PACKAGE DEAL". WHEN SALES REP SHOWED UP HE HAD SOME OUTRAGEOUS POOL PACKAGE THAT WAS LIKE $15,000 FOR AN ABOVE GROUND POOL. WE FINALLY DECIDED ON A VOGUE POOL AND SINCE WE HAD HAD ONE PREVIOUSLY, WE KNEW THEY WERE RELIABLE.WELL...

FIRST THE PAPER WORK WAS WRONG, THEY "FORGOT" TO TAKE $2000 DEPOSIT OFF TOTAL PRICE, THEN THEY PRESSURED US INTO GIVING THEM A POST DATED CHECK, RATHER THAN CALL IN AN ELECTRONIC DRAFT. OF COURSE THEY CASHED CHECK PRIOR TO CHECK DATE, CAUSING ABOUT 12 CHECKS TO OVERDRAFT ACCOUNT. THAT WAS ABOUT A $400 LESSON FOR US. THEN THEY COME SET UP POOL ON THURS.

BEFORE EASTER AND OF COURSE POOL LEAKS, BUT NOT BEFORE WE HAVE TANKER TRUCK DELIVER TWO TRUCK LOADS OF WATER!!!!! ANOTHER $375 LESSON FOR US. ALSO, WHILE INSTALLING FIRST POOL THEY CUT MY CABLE LINE AND I HAD TO HAVE TW COME OUT TO REWIRE IT. THEY FORGOT TO TELL ME THEY DID THIS I JUST HAPPENED TO LOOK OUT WINDOW AND SEE CABLE LINE ON PATIO AND WENT AND CHECKED TV TO SEE IF IT WAS WORKING (IT WASN'T).WAITED TEN DAYS FOR THEM TO REMOVE FIRST POOL AND REPLACE IT.

I JUST WANTED MY MONEY BACK AT THIS POINT, BUT THEY REFUSED, SAYING WE WOULD HAVE TO TAKE THEM TO COURT TO GET DEPOSIT BACK. SO WE NOW ARE PROUD OWNERS(NOT!!!!!!) OF A TROPICAL POOLS POOL. PLEASE DO NOT THINK ABOUT BUYING FROM THEM, I WILL EMAIL YOU PICS OF FIRST INSTALL AND LET YOU LISTEN TO RECORDED COMMENTS FROM **** THEIR FINANCE GUY!!!! I HAVE BBB REPORT THAT HAS 23 COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM AND MINE MAKES 24 IN THE LAST 36 MONTHS, 9 IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS!!!! THIS IS JUST THE LOCAL GOLDSBORO BRANCH, NOT SOME GLOBAL OR NATIONAL COMPLAINT LIST!!!

PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF YOU NEED HELP FILING COMPLAINT OR WANT TO START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST THEM IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN A VICTIM OF THEIR DECEPTIVE AND PREDITORY PRACTICES.

I AM A STAY AT HOME MOM AND CAN DEVOTE ALL MY TIME TO MAKING THESE VULTURES DO THE RIGHT THING, THEY ARE MY MISSION!!!!! I PLAN TO PLASTER EVERY PUBLIC WEBSITE WITH PICS AND TESTIMONY TO PREVENT ANYONE FROM MAKING THE MISTAKE WE HAVE. MARIANNE N

c5c5a98f, 2008-02-22, 11:32AM CST

We had our pool installed five years ago with these clowns and we also paid out the nose up front. First there were all kinds of delays for the timing it was suppose to be installed. They finally came to install it and it took several weeks. We were given no instructions( owner manuals) for starting up, maintaining or anything. They took their money and ran. I too had to go to court not once but three times with these jokers. I could never get them to return to fix the problems that we experienced. I now have pinholes in the aluminum and the liner has rotted. A 10,000 dollar piece of junk sits in my backyard. I am still under warranty for the structure so I can only hope that these jokers will hold up their end of the bargain by replacing the aluminum.Does anyone have the number to the manufacturer Hayward Pools in New Jersey?

9624f091, 2008-02-26, 03:13PM CST

I had a Tropical Pools from Stroudsburg Pa, install my pools. Their Father runs Tropical Pools out of SC. While installing my pool in May they just stopped in the middle of my job to go to NC. to install a pool with their father!! They are real scam artist.. promise you the world during your estimate but when the job is half-way done, everything goes down hill and they don't want to finish the job Plus everything had to be paid in CASH!!

Tropical Pools concrete contractor told me that Tropical pools had many law suits against them, useful information way too late!

The owners are Ed Mara Jr and Ed Mara Sr. If that rings a bell? I put in a complaint with the BBB but nothing was resolved. I was going to take then to court but because of their stupidity I came out ahead of the game.. I still have to buy the free light kit they promised me.

Please let me know if the name of the owners sound familiar.

Please do not use Tropical Pools!!

1375f3a4, 2008-06-13, 07:25PM CDT

I would love too talk to you about tropical pool, I had to buy my own sand and they were outrageous with their pricing!!If you wanna get a class action going count me in I live in N.C. and a disabled vet and they screwed me too!!

92700c8e, 2012-10-21, 07:23AM CDT

We have had this pool for 7 years and now the damn thing leaks. No reason.. just leaks from somewhere. No visible holes or cuts, etc. So, I go and try to contact them (Tropical Pools) for the 60% cost to me of the pool liner and they will not respond nor will U.S.A Industries in New Jersey who apparently have the item. This is too crazy! I should have known better when I see the installer?s kid, maybe age 9 helping with the pool installation. I asked them what is going on and why is there a kid on the site? They respond, ?just playing around and cheaper than a babysitter?. WOW. So, I go back to Iraq and Afghanistan and when I finally get home, the pool is leaking somewhere and now I need to replace the liner. F'ing nightmare. Any help is greatly appreciated! Anyone? HELP!

Ed j., 2013-03-16, 10:23AM CDT

How about everyone gets there facts straight!!!! Ed Jr is not part owner of any of these business! So stop linking my name to all this or there is going to be a major lawsuit against you guys. If my name is not removed from these within 10 days. I will be seeing you guys in court!!!

EdMara T., 2013-06-22, 04:53PM CDT

This guy and his son are criminals. Most recent company is called USA Pool Depot. He also changes his last name to Maira or Marra. He almost always travels with his son Ed JR. and can be easily recognized because he does not have fingers on the right hand. Please e-mail me your story at [email protected] I'm collecting evidence to press criminal charges against him and his son.