Posted on Friday, April 16th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 5309416f

Company: John M Smyth Homemakers, 1733 E. Woodfield Rd, Schaumburg, IL - rowe accent chair / chair was to be reordered, not made properly

rowe accent chair / chair was to be reordered, not made properly

John M Smyth Homemakers, 1733 E. Woodfield Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173

Salesperson John L 847-619-6800

Among numerous problems after ordering 2 sofa's, 3 tables and 2 accent chairs I have now run into another ball being dropped....Service tech was out to our home mid Jan to look at 1 accent chair which I paid $539 . Chair was made lopsided, fabric was not applied correctly, was applied to loose and sags and cushion was not even, so one side of cushion is thicker and higher than the other - all areas on chair noticeable. Service tech said absoltely chair must be remade.

It is now Mid April and I still have not received a call or a new chair. I called Louise 10:58 am in Cust. service 630-682-2500 she could not find the order and said she would call me back, I told her I expected a call back in 15 minutes, she did not return my call as of 11:35am, I then called her again she said she spoke to a superv at the store Deneka 847-619-6800 and she was supposed to call me back, 11:45 am i called Deneka she said the sales person was in Africa for 3 weeks and he has to place the reorder, well 3 weeks vacation I understand but my chair was to be reordered back in Jan that was 3 months ago ?

I told her to have the sales person reorder the chair today I need for my party on May 2nd, she said the salesperson is not working today, I said call him at home and get him in today to get this chair reordered ASAP, she said I had to talk to a manager, I was then put on hold for 10 minutes only for Deneka to come back on the phone for her to say the store manager was busy on the phone and someone would call me back today.

This is the last time I will do business with this company and I will make sure that everyone I know does not do business with them either.....customer service center support is very poor and store manager service very poor....this is why consumers pay more money and purchase from Walter E. SMithe furniture!

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //