Posted on Wednesday, April 14th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by f7e0f7d7

Company: Direct TV - I am in New Jersey and paid subscriber to Direct TV satellite tv. The reception stopped today, April 11, 2004

Direct TV

I am in New Jersey and paid subscriber to Direct TV satellite tv. The reception stopped today, April 11, 2004. I called the number given for Direct TV and went through a series of procedures the technician(?) said to try, such as pulling the plug out, with no results.

My dish is high and clear atop my three story house. They said they will have to send a technician, the earliest date he can be here is Friday, five days! My house is in the metropolitan area, six miles from New York City.

There is no one to complain to because they pass the buck to an "independent contractor" who can't send a serviceman for five days! How many defective Direct TV systems are there? Where should the proper complaints be filed?

They have no local office and in fact, they say Direct TV has no office in New Jersey, yet they are operating here. They say their main office is in California.

Harry C

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //