Posted on Wednesday, April 14th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 37350977

Company: Monte's Golf, Ft. Myers, FL - The turnaround time was 11 business days more than twice what Monte's said and I was never contacted

May 12, 2004 - Business Reply - From: //

Tom is not telling the whole story. He did receive his refund as soon as we found out that his clubs were lost by UPS/or our shipper. He conveniently states that he "lost" the email we sent him apologizing for the shipping problem and that we were going to issue him a refund which would take several business days. We did everything that we could to resolve this situation, but all Tom wants to tell you is half truths in hopes that he could get a free set of clubs. We have our refund documentation showing that Amex received the refund on the 7th as well as an email from him stating that he has his refund. Thanks Greg M

Golf Clubs/ Monte's Golf

Golf Store, Ft. Myers Florida.

3-2-04 - I ordered my clubs from Monte's Golf, I believe my credit card was billed the same day. Monte's confirmation email states - "The normal turnaround time from ordering until shipping is 5 business days. If there will be more of a delay, Monte's Golf will contact you as soon as possible." The turnaround time was 11 business days more than twice what Monte's said and I was never contacted.

3-17-04 - I got another email from Monte's stating - "Just a note to let you know that your Montes Golf order#10647 has been shipped via UPS Ground. "

4-7-04 - I contacted UPS using the tracking number provided by Monte's. UPS told me they received the billing information electronically but never picked up or received anything from Monte's Golf. 4-7-04 - After contacting UPS I emailed Monte's threatening action if I didn't receive my clubs.

Later that day Monte's emailed me saying my clubs were "lost" and a credit had been issued. There was no email sent to me prior saying anything about clubs being "lost" or that a credit had been issued.

4-7-04 - I contacted American Express and using the credit confirmation number provided by Monte's I asked if a credit had been issued. American Express said that no credit had been issued as of 4-7-04. Tom H

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //