Posted on Sunday, April 11th, 2004 at 12:00am CDT by 9a7bffce

Company: Comcast - I was so fed up with comcast I was ready to find another provider. Comcast had already kept me waiting for 3 hours (11-2)

2515 Bangor Ct.

Snellville, GA 30078

A technician was sent to my house today after I told the one who books the appointments that I didn't want him to come. I was so fed up with comcast I was ready to find another provider. Comcast had already kept me waiting for 3 hours (11-2). The appointment setter neglected to infom me that if I didn't answer my phone on the call they would make a half hour before coming, they would cancel the order. I called comcast at 2. That is when they informed me that the appointment had been cancelled at 11:30.

Even though I told comcast's appointment setter that I did not want another technician to come out because I had already wasted half the day waiting for the first one, they sent another technician that was in the area anyway.

I was out of my house doing the business that I had to neglect doing on my first wait when I got a call from the second technician who was at my house. I told him he wasn't supposed to have come, but since he was already there, the lady who lives in the basement could let him in. His I.D.# is 5615. He did not call me back or leave anything in writing. He told the lady who lives in the basement that he thought he knew what the problem was, but he couldn't fix it without my consent because I might have to pay for it.

I called to set up another appointment tonight and talked with Joya. At first she couldn't find any record of #5615 being here. After a long wait she finally came back on the line saying that there was a report. He increased the signal. Joya said since there was a signal on my line now she couldn't set up another appointment. There has to be no signal to make an appointment. I told her that the continual problem (for 2 months or more) has been the sporadic ability to send and receive emails. Some days I get the message, "Not able to find the server". This lasts for hours then mysteriously I start receiving emails again.

I guess I'll have to wait until my problems start again and then go through this whole process one more time. I have talked with many of your technicians throughout this process. After spending much time trying all types of maneuvers, they either give up or get it starting again temporarily. The last technician told me to quit using microsoft outlook. That was the problem. I transferred everything over to outlook express, but my latest problem has been while using it.

Also, comcast didn't bury my line deep enough. I was digging in my garden by the mailbox to plant a little flower, and I hit the cable. Your technician didn't think that could have anything to do with my problem.

I am, indeed, a frustrated customer.

Nancy A

Nancy A

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //