Posted on Friday, April 2nd, 2004 at 12:00am CST by afc280c8

Company: Leavens Volkswagen Inc., 416 First Street, London, Ontario, Canada - car had a broken windshield washer container

Cars Windshield Washer Container Replacement.

Leavens Volkswagen Inc. 416 First Street, London, Ontario I am a student at Ivey Business School here at London. Last year on 20th November 2003, I had bought a 1993 Toyota Camry (JT2VK12F2P0128511) from Leavens Volkswagen Inc. London,Ontario. During the purchase I and the salesman noticed that the car had a broken "windshield washer container".

During the sale I was told and it was agreed upon by the salesman Colin Koprowski and the pre-owned Kevin Koprowski that the part would be replaced and they were trying to find another used one to replace the broken one. This was also included in the bill of sale. I was assured that it would be replaced as soon as the part becomes available in the next few days. I drove away after paying the full amount of the car satisfied that the dealership was keen to address the issue.

A couple of weeks later I called the dealership and I was once again assured that it would be made available soon. I dropped by a couple of times and the answer I received was that the part was unavailable and so they were waiting for their supplier. Upon my independent inquiry, I was told by their own supplier that the part was available. I brought this to the attention of the salesman, Colin Koprowski. Now we are close to the end of March 2004, in spite of repeated phone calls and visits to the facility I was always given one excuse or other. During my last visit, Colin Koprowski, the salesman had himself called the supplier to find out the availability of the part. After the phone call he had assured me, now that the part was available it will not take any longer i.e. it is a matter of few days. Almost 20 days have passed since my last visit and I have not had any response form the salesman. Last week I had made several phone calls to the dealership, but just as before my calls are unanswered.

Last week I have even written an email to their President Ed Leavens and still I have had no response so far. I am sure that you can understand how a customer would be affected if his calls unanswered and if he has to wait for 5 months for the promised service. Regret to say that they have not honoured their own word or the contract. It is quite disappointing to note that for a very small and insignificant amount the top management is risking and losing the credibility. Manoj E

Click this link to e-mail the consumer that posted the above message: //