Posted on Wednesday, December 31st, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 3c036ea7

Company: DirectTV - Direct TV - trouble cancelling free channel - got billed for free channel - other DirecTV problems

From:

Hi, I have had nothing but problems with DirectTV, e.g., programming, services, customer service andbilling. It started with their refusal to remove their 'free' channel when I started the account. They kept them active long enough to start billing for them. That was more than 3 months and I averaged two calls per month demanding that they remove them. The connection keeps going down and when I can't get it back I call customer service. Somethings

they can't seem to do it and we blunder until something happens and it works again. Lately the

programming does not match what is currently showing so 'pot luck' takes over and one surfs the

channels until something interesting rolls past. This occurs on the one-of-two receivers still working. The other receiver died within one month and their customer service could not revive it. I asked them to replace it and they responded that they could not do that. I asked them to take it back and they agreed but never would. Stuck with a crappy receiver and a dead one. I am begining to believe that DirectTV has outsourced everything and has nothing left worth paying for.

Maybe not; maybe they laid-off all the workers and management is running the machines. Hope not

because that is really bad! Don't know what else can go wrong. The antenna they mounted on my roof fell over and it took them about three weeks to get someone out to stand it upright. Seems as thoough they used very short wood screws to attach it to the roof. When it went over it tool a chunk of roofing material with it. I bought some proper anchor bolts for them to do it right. The only other competitor around here is the 'Dish network' and they also have a really bad reputation. Others in this area will dump lots of bad comments on you should you be so bold as to ask someone if they are worth signing up with. My hope is that a third company is out there that is credible, has a good reputation and treats Customers fairly. Does anyone know if such a company exists on the US west coast? I could use a good satellite TV system that had internet access. DirectTV personnel around here had no idea what I am talking about. They referred to a service outfit 75 miles distant; they offered sympathies but said they did not service my area. Seems like such a simple request. A working satellite TV/Internet system seems like it should be an easy slam-dunk!