Think twice before purchasing Panasonic Cordless Phones - I purchased a lemmon and was offended by customer NO-Service! - Panasonic phone model KXTG2740S - 2.4 GHZ Cordless 2 line phone system - won't hold charge for longer than one phone call

Posted on Thursday, December 25th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by fa10d1c9

Company: Think twice before purchasing Panasonic Cordless Phones - I purchased a lemmon and was offended by customer NO-Service!

From:

Subject: Panasonic phone model KXTG2740S 2.4 GHZ Cordless 2 line phone system Buyer Beware: Think twice before purchasing Panasonic Cordless Phones - I purchased a lemmon and was offended by customer NO-Service!

We origianally purchased this phone 09/27/02, it came with a one year manufacturers warranty. We paid allot of money for this phone, and wanted to expand it throughout our house. But, it has never worked right.

This phone will not hold a charge for longer than one phone call.

I am writting to lodge a complaint, even if it falls on deaf ears, so that if you get other complaints about this phone, you will be aware of a defect in design. I have made the same complaint to Panasonic Customer NO-Service, but it fell on deaf ears.

We called the Panasonic Customer Call Center for direction on getting the phone repaired. On 02-20-03, we returned the phone to the service center they reccomended.

On 02-11-03 they sent a remanufactured phone with a 90 day warranty in return.

This phone was also defective. It had the same problem. Over time it has gotten continually worse, until it also will not hold a charge for longer than one phone call.

In their return letter Panasonic said they wanted to provide us with the "highest quality" service. Well, that pledge was broken.

Again I called the Panasonic Customer Call Center for direction on getting the phone repaired. The phone was now just out of warranty, with the tiniest hope, I called anyway. I was told that since it was still one year before the date of the first return, that I could return it anyway. I verified that and the service rep told me that it would be repaired.

I sent it in again, and you can guess the rest of the story. They sent me a letter saying it was out of warranty. I called the serve center. They told me it was out of warranty. If they had been understanding about it, I would have taken my lumps and went away. I called the Panasonic Customer Call Center back, and was told it only had a 90 day warranty because I sent it to a service center that does not repair, only replaces with remanufactured units! Two rude phone calls in a row.

This person could not think for herself. She could not understand that I purchased a brand new unit that was defective, and returned under warranty. She insissted that I sent it to their replacement facility, got a remanufactured unit, that I was only due the 90 day warranty, never mind that I had purchaesed a brand new unit with a year warranty. She said I could have taken it somewhere else to get it repaired, and still had the warranty. She was in effect telling me it was my fault!!

Imaging my surprise and anger. I am so frustrated, I dont know where to turn.

We paid allot of money for an expensive phone system, that we could expand to suit our needs, that we thought was a quality product from a reputable manufacturer. Not only did we pay allot of money for the phone, but three shipping charges (the original, and two returns for service) and we are out the time we were without the phone, and we still dont have a phone that has ever worked.

Now I understand that the phone is out of warranty. I did expect to be treated better though, maybe expecting to be treated as a valuable customer is expecting too much! A reputable manufacturer, who is truely interested in keeping cutomers for life, would have appologized for the inconvenience, and extended my warranty a year from the time of repair. These so called customer service reps do not understand that their paycheck comes to them because customers buy their products. They just dont see any connection between their paycheck and the customer. It is sad.

We have always liked Panasonic products. But will never buy another product with their name again.

Sincerely,

Jeff Nichols

Monroe, GA 30656

# 15 for December 24, 2003

Read today's next posted complaint