Posted on Wednesday, December 10th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: 2002 Hyundai Elantra - from Freehold Hyundai, Freehold, NJ - car is only 16 months old with less than 30,000 miles on it - many repair and service problems

From: RE: 2002 Hyundai Elantra - from Freehold Hyundai, Freehold, NJ - car is only 16 months old with less than 30,000 miles on it - many repair and service problems

Hyundai Motor America

Consumer Affairs Department

P.O. Box 20850

Fountain Valley, CA 92728-0850 To whom it may concern,

I am writing in regards to my 2002 Hyundai which was purchased in May 2002, from the Freehold, NJ Hyundai Dealership. My Hyundai has less than 30,000 miles on it and I have made more trips to the service department than every other car I have ever owned in the past 14 years combined.

From the moment I made the purchase at your dealership the problems occurred. First, I was rushed and felt pressured by your sales associate to purchase a car that I did not want simply so that he could get it off the lot. I wanted a specific color with sunroof and CD-player and they did not have it so I asked that one be ordered, they told me, No, if you take it today we'll throw in a spoiler and we'll install the sunroof and give you the 6 disk CD changer, just so I would take the car.

Once I had the car, I made arrangements to get the sunroof installed and the cd-player and spoiler, once again more problem. When I picked up the car, there was dried glue from the installation of the spoiler all over the back of the car, and grease from the sunroof all over the interior of the car, I had to make another trip to go back to get it cleaned once again. Then not long after the installation of the sunroof, I had to have them come out to my work several times to fix, not only the vibration and sound problem, because the roof was not properly installed, but also replace the hoses that ran from the sunroof to the trunk, because they were twisted and causing leakage into my car. More inconveniences and hassles with a brand new car.

During the course of the past year I have had to visit several other times for issues that should not be happening to a new car, one in particular that was caused by the service at Freehold Hyundai, in which they did not replace the oil cap tightly and it loosened after my oil change, the cap fell off, drained all the oil out and almost ceased my engine, I had to have the car towed into the dealership to be taken care of. In addition, the side tape along the drivers side window and door, was cracking and peeling and needed to be replaced, I waited almost two months for it to be replaced because service never called me to tell me the part was in and to make an appt. Finally that got taken care of.

Now, I have paint cracking and the weather stripping on the driver side lifting and once again need to take my car in for service. Only, this time I will try Colonial Hyundai in Trenton, because Freehold Hyundai sucks!!

I just want you to know that I have always owned Toyota's, my first Toyota was a used 84 Corolla which never gave me problems for 114,000 miles, I never once had to go into the dealership for any of my Toyota's except regular maintenance, I never once had a headache. I finally decided to stop leasing cars and buy one this time around, I chose Hyundai because I had heard they had such great warranties, now I know why, you make crappy cars, that consumers need good warranties.

I will never ever again make the mistake of buying a Hyundai, I will never let anyone I know or for that matter, don't know, make the mistake. I will never recommended Hyundai and I will smear your name to anyone considering it every chance I get. Furthermore, I am inclined to talk about my ordeal with Hyundai, with any newspaper, consumer reporting agency or anyone else who will listen to make sure that every auto consumer out there that may be considering a Hyundai, be fully aware of the LEMON that your dealership sold me.

I have never been so disappointment in my entire life with a vehicle. The headaches and hassles that this car have caused me should never happen to anyone. This car is only 16 months old with less than 30,000 miles on it, and has already caused me to make more trips to the service station than all cars I have driven in the past 14 years combined!!!

Regretfully (regretful that I bought a Hyundai)

Robin Markson

7289eb02, 2009-01-08, 04:56PM CST

I had nothing but bad experiences with thier service department. My wife's car had a few issues with rust and they needed her car for about a week, but wouldn't provide her with a loaner. The head of the service department has an attitude that is quite unpleasant.

On a positive note, I did get the car taken care of in Toms River, and there where no problems at all.