Kentucky Fried Chicken - Kentucky Fried Chicken, Elida Rd., Lima, OH - 20 minute wait at drive thru - debit card payment machine not working - by the time debit card payment was processed food was cold

Posted on Sunday, December 7th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: Kentucky Fried Chicken

Location: Elida Rd
LIMA, OH, US

Category: Restaurants, Bars

I was unable to locate an email address to send my complaint to Kentucky Fried Chicken corporate headquarters. I have come to realize why this is. Service is poor and length of time to wait is even poorer. I went to the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant located on Elida Road in Lima Ohio on November 28, 2003. It was approximately 450 when I arrived there. I asked through the speaker in the drive through whether or not they accepted personal checks and/or debit cards. I was told they would accept a debit card but not a personal check. At that time they did not state they were having any type of problem with their debit/credit card machine. I placed my order and waited my turn. I remained patient as I knew they may be busy as this was the big shopping day after Thanksgiving. I waited approximately 5 minutes before I drove up to the window. This is not a bad amount of time to wait. I then sat there and waited and waited and waited. A girl came to the window and stated they were having a problem with the internet. I didn't know that debit machines ran off the internet.

My ignorance I guess showed in this matter. I said okay no problem. I then waited and waited some more. The girl came back and handed my my drink and said they were still trying to use the machine. I said well okay.

By this time I am approaching 20 minutes. I stated that I did not have cash on me as I don't carry it with me because I find it easier to use my debit card. She shrugged her shoulders and said well okay. Again they left the window and the line behind started to grow. They finally came back to the window and asked if I would move forward which I said that I would. I then moved my car forwarded and proceeded to wait yet more. I decided I would go into the building and see what the problem was as no one came out to my car. I went in finally after someone unlocked the door for me. They stated they had just now been able to fix the problem and would run my card through it. Now this time there was a problem with the tape in the machine. I again stood their waiting. All the while my food has been bagged and I know is growing cold as it was only sitting underneath a light. Finally they said they couldn't get the tape to work but that the transaction went through. They told me, Tammy and another girl, that it went through. I asked if it only went through once to which they assured me several times that it had only went through one time. They told me they were unable to give me a receipt nor did they offer to write something out for me. Just told me to come back if there were any problems. At no time was there ever an apology for my inconvenience. For what should have taken 10 mins at the most took well over 30 minutes. I find this quite disturbing. I am a paying customer and was treated very poorly. Then to top it all off when I checked my bank account I was debited twice for this transaction. I called the KFC in Lima and all they said was come in. The manager, Lisa, originally hung up on me and I had to call back. Well if you want to come in we will contact the credit card company so that they can refund the money to you. I stated that I was not able to do that as I worked all day and then had daycare.

I did state that I would go through my bank and dispute this matter. Again not once, was I offered an apology nor some type of relief for my time and COLD food. This is extremely frustrating. I work customer service and have done so for over 25 years. I just don't understand in a world with all the competition for things like the food business, that there would be such a lack of good customer service. If you could please forward this to corporate headquarters for KFC.

Peggy

2b6a25d4, 2007-12-14, 01:31PM CST

On December 14, 2007 at around 1:45, I pulled up to the drive thru window and ordered a 3 piece chicken dinner, extra crispy with potatoe wedges and macaroni and cheese. I was serviced promptly. My complaint is I brought my lunch back here to work with me and began to eat this is the worst chicken I have ever tasted. It taste like the oil is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry dirty. I am sitting here debating if I should go into the ladies room and make myself throw it all back up. My co-workers asked what was wrong and I told them, they say just throw it away, but hell $7.19 is nothing to sneeze about. I normally would not complain, but something needs to be done no one else should have this experience.

4b1baff0, 2008-11-19, 04:20PM CST

I went into KFC here in Lihue,HI on Nov 18, 2008. It was the first time I had been there in about three years because I got sick the last time I ate there. I ordered chicken strips and brought them back to work. When I bit into one it was raw. I took it back and the counter person told me "It's only a little pink. That's the way we cook our chicken strips." She then took the strips that I had returned and PUT THEM BACK ON THE TRAY TO BE SERVED TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!! She replaced the chicken with a couple of tiny breasts and a wing but the very idea of taking food that has been brought back from outside the restaurant and putting it back to be re-served is absolutely disgusting. I will never eat in another KFC. Needless to say I was unable to eat the replacement chicken. I had no idea who had handled it or maybe even had a bite of it before it got to me.