Posted on Thursday, December 18th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: Lowes, Waters Ave., Tampa, FL - wrong size kitchen cabinets ordered by Lowes - ongoing ordering hassle

From: Lowes, Waters Ave., Tampa, FL - wrong size kitchen cabinets ordered by Lowes - ongoing ordering hassle

The Location of this Lowe's is; Waters Avenue, Tampa Florida To whom it may concern,

I went to Lowes on 10/31/03 to order cabinets. I took all of my kitchen measurements with me from one end of my kitchen to the other and each cabinet was measured the same. The sales representative decided he wanted to come to my house and re-measure. So we did that same evening. We went back to Lowes and he entered my order in the system and he gave me my total purchase and I paid them in cash. Two days later I was given a delivery date of 12/1/03.

My husband was installing the cabinets and he took that week off as vacation from work. When he opened the first 2 cabinet boxes they were smaller than the cabinets we ripped out. We took those 2 cabinets back to Lowes and they re-ordered the correct size and we had to pay the additional charge. Then when we got back home my husband continued to open the other boxes and found that there were 3 other cabinets smaller than our old cabinets, I called Lowes again and spoke to a supervisor and he told me he would have the sales rep. call me.

2 days later I received a call from the sales rep. and he said he will come to my home to asses the problem. He did that the nest day and discussed with my husband what exactly needed to be re-ordered and told us he would get us a refund of the additional charge we had to pay and he would re-order all five cabinets and refund us the additional charge we paid for the first 2 we took back. At that point (a week later) and with no kitchen, my husband decided to then install what he thought was the correct size, to come to find out the pantry was larger than what we ordered, but at that point we decided to just keep the pantry that size and just more the light switch it would be covering, so we did and when we put the pantry were it would go and we realized the pantry did not have any shelves so I could not even do anything with that either.

I then called the store manager and he was not informed of this problem previously. He then spoke to the sales rep. and I received a call from him informing me he would re-order those also. At this point I was so stressed out by not having a kitchen, and expecting company from out of town on the 20th of December, I called the district manager and explained the situation to him and told him my husband had used his vacation time and was not able to install the cabinets, so the least that Lowes could do was to have their installers come and install these cabinets for us when they arrived.

He said he could work that out for me and he was sorry for all the inconvenience I have been going through, and told me he would call the store manager and resolve this, and also told me he would have the pantry shelves sent to me by UPS so that I could at least work with the pantry while the other cabinets would be delivered. I received a box from UPS on 12/12/03. I opened that box, and there were no shelves for the pantry, they sent shelves we did not need, they were shelves we already had. I then called the District manager and was told he was not in to call the Corporate office.

I called them and my complaint was documented and I was told I would hear from someone within 24 hours, which would have been on 12/13/03. On Monday 12/15/03, I still had not heared from anyone at Lowes. So I called the store manager and he told me the five cabinets and the pantry shelves would be delivered on 12/17/03. I asked him if the installers would be coming to install them and he told me that they would only assist my husband to install the 5 cabinets that were being delivered, that they never agreed on having the complete installation done.

I was so upset, I called the district manager and he told me the same, that he did not agree on the complete installation either he agreed on them assisting my husband to install the cabinets. I then called the corporate office and was told that the final decision was up to the District manager. Then I received a call from the store manager to tell me the installers would be coming to deliver and install the 5 cabinets on 12/17/03. (Still no offer to install all of the cabinets) At this point my husband does not want them to come and do a half ass job and leave him would the rest of the mess to do. He will do it all himself.

You would think that since it was Lowes employee who ordered the wrong cabinets and because of that, our Christmas plans are ruined, they would at least offer to make up of the damage done, but instead they are just passing the buck.

They obviously do not care about there customers. Honestly, If my husband would not have ripped out my old cabinets, I would have told Lowes to come and pick up those cabinets and give me back my money.

But now I have to deal with this and Lowes gets away without loosing anything! My advise to all that reads this, DO NOT MAKE ANY MAJOR PURCHASES AT LOWES, BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM YOU WILL NOT GET ANYTHING FROM THEM, ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY, THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU!! AND YOU WILL NOT GET ANY EXTRA FROM THEM.