Posted on Wednesday, December 17th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: TicketMaster - www.ticketmaster.com - tickets purchased online were not on hold at theatre - wasn't notified about order not being processed

From: TicketMaster - www.ticketmaster.com - tickets purchased online were not on hold at theatre - wasn't notified about order not being processed

I am appalled at the level of disservice Ticketmaster provides it's patrons. I recently ordered tickets to see the Lion King online. When I ordered the five tickets, I was told that my MasterCard was not approved, so I entered my Amex card which went through successfully. I received an email confirmation of my purchase complete with directions, seating assignment and amount of the charge. I live in Illinois and the tickets were for a venue in Kentucky. So I loaded the family up for a 4hr road trip to see Lion King which included a 4, 8, & 10 year old. Once I arrived in Kentucky I found out that TicketMaster provided the wrong location for the show, it listed the name of hall in an auditorium instead of the actual Theatre name, once I found the show by asking people on the street, I found out that there were no tickets on hold for me because TicketMaster cancelled my tickets without notifying me. So I drove back to Illinois for 4 hours with 3 disappointed children. When I called TicketMaster to question what happened they stated that there was a problem with the card but they didn't know what the problem was, and that they supposedly called me 8 times but couldn't reach me, and failed to leave a voicemail message. The customer service representatives were useless and offered no empathy for my negative experience, I was promised a call back and never received one from a supervisor, the manager I did speak to offered no further assistance. To make matters worse a month later I received my MasterCard bill and noticed that I was billed for the Lion King tickets, when I called to inquire they told me that they accidentally charged my MasterCard and refunded my American Express card which they originally cancelled the order on. I have been buying tickets through TicketMaster for the past 12+ years, but no more. They are an expensive, incompetent, and a callous organization that do not deserve my hard earned cash.

I have already bypassed their service and purchased my current tickets directly from the box office of the theatre, and will continue to do so until a more fair and competent organization is able to provide the service that TicketMaster is incapable of providing it's patrons.