Posted on Sunday, December 14th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: Malaysian Electric Corporation (MEC) colour TV - Model ATV-21A10Z - MEC0036 - used TV for 3 years and it broke - unable to get parts or repair TV

From: Malaysian Electric Corporation (MEC) colour TV - Model ATV-21A10Z - MEC0036 - used TV for 3 years and it broke - unable to get parts or repair TV

I purchased a MEC colour TV - Model ATV-21A10Z (the official receipt describes it as MEC0036). It's a product made by Malaysian Electric Corporation (MEC).

The address given in the catalogue is, MEC DAGANG SDN BHD, Lot 31, Jalan 3A, Balakong Industrial Area, 43200 Cheras Jaya, Selangod Darul Ehsan, Malaysia. This 21' TV suddenly went bust. I was able to use it for just three years.

The local agents, Access International, says an IC has packed up and there are no parts available. This is shocking. The agent's technicians told me that MEC TVs start giving trouble because of the lead in the connecting points start melting after about a year.

After paying so much of money, this television has to be discarded now because it's beyond repair. This would have never happened with a Japanese television because they are solid tropicalised receivers, they said.

As a busy journalist, I watch television only for a couple of hours in the evening. Hence, this television has been sparingly used. I compained to MEC on their website email , www.mec.com.my/contact.htm about three weeks back, but they didn't even have the common decency to respond.

I will never ever buy a Malaysian product as I have learnt a bitter lesson. Please do help, if possible.

Thanks and regards,

Suresh Perera,

Sri Lanka.

email address; COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_71145#

07d3867d, 2008-09-22, 10:56PM CDT

Same thing happend to me with MEC 21CTV I can repair it my self but unable to find a circuit diagram........

Anonymous, 2010-07-26, 06:56AM CDT

Ours is still working but the remote is busted and I cant find a remote for it. No universel remote seems to work