Posted on Thursday, December 11th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 1bec0752

Company: Mountain View Lending, North Salt Lake City Utah, UT - check cashed before being giving loan option approval - trying to get money back since

From: alycia bradshaw [ COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_56520# Consumer ]

I called this company because they sent a flyer indicating the approximate value of my home and what I could save if I refinanced through them. I talked with Kyle who seemed well intentioned but limited in his knowledge of refinancing. He said that he could save me a "substantial" amount of money. He called me a number of times to make an appointment and finally came to my house on a Saturday night. While talking to him, I started to believe that his company could save me money.

I wrote him a check for an appraisal and a credit check. He guaranteed me that the check would not be cashed without my approval of loan options. I went out of town the next week and the company cashed my check. I was extremely angry, especially when I found that my sustancial savings were nothing more than "about $100.00." It was not worth the money I would have to spend in closing costs to only save $100.00 a month. The story gets worse from here.

I have been since dealing with Heather trying to recoup my money. She said that she tried to call me before she cashed my check. I have caller ID, no one had called. She said that she could give me $300.00 of my $400.00 back. She has already run my credit and would have to charge me for that. (I can get all three reports from Equifax for $29.00) She said that she would put a check in the mail that day. Five days passed and no check. I called again. She said that something had happened and she would put the check in the mail right then. Again five days have passed and no money.

I called again and asked for her boss whose name is Mike and never in the office. This time I spoke to Angie and retold the story and asked her to tell me where my check was. She said, "to be honest, it is right here." I have been lied to countless times by these people. Angie said she would put it in the mail. I doubt i will ever see my money. I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Utah and will file a complaint with any agency possible. Dyana