BMW - 2002 BMW 745 Li - high pitch sound (similar to that of a turbine engine) coming from the transmission at highway speeds

Posted on Sunday, December 29th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 043d85c4

Product: 2002 BMW 745 Li

Company: BMW

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

In late May, 2002 I took delivery of my 2002 BMW 745Li at Irvine BMW, Irvine, CA.

Since taking delivery of this vehicle, I have persistently complained to Irvine BMW that there is a high pitch sound (similar to that of a turbine engine) coming from the transmission at highway speeds. The vehicle has been in for service more then 4 times. BMW have sent out technicians, including one from the manufacturer of the transmission. During the last test ride, the BMW technician admitted that BMW have known about this problem BEFORE releasing the vehicle on the market.

BMW have also replaced the drive shaft, etc.While the problem is not a life threatening problem, it is annoying that my passengers and I have to listen to this irritating noise, especially since the vehicle costs $80,000.

As BMW have failed and/or refused to correct this problem, I have passed the matter to my attorney. BMW Headquarters have stated to my attorney that they have no complaints from anyone else and therefore I should basically sue them. Although I have tried to amicably resolve the matter, to date, I have NOT received any correspondence from BMW.

I now intend to file a class action lawsuit, on behalf of all other 2002 BMW 745 owners that experience this same noise while driving at highway speeds (70+).

Please contact the undersigned with the following information:

1. Name, Address and Telephone Number