Posted on Monday, December 16th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 6c3a75fa

Company: 1999 VW Beetle - no bumper to bumper service warranty - keys breaking apart when dropped - replaced serveral parts at 2,000 miles

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on December 14, 2002:

From:

RE: 1999 VW Beetle - no bumper to bumper service warranty - keys breaking apart when dropped - replaced serveral parts at 2,000 miles

I have totally experienced the same horrorible experience with my 1999 Beetle and was told that leasing was better than buying because they would be able to fix anything that goes wrong with the beetle for no cost whatsoever, including all tuneups.

Well the bumper to bumper service warrenty was never included in my $21+++.++ price and I only found out when I brought to another VW dealer for the first oil change, and automatic keys breaking apart when I dropped them in the street, and for them to replace the rugs and window buttons, cup holders, eyeglass case all when the odomoter was only 2000.

I place complaint with the manufacturer. I was told that my bug was mostly plastic but the engine does have power.