2000 Blazer LS - transmission blew at 36,700 miles - replaced oxygen sensor

Posted on Saturday, December 14th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 190d0ba2

Company: 2000 Blazer LS - transmission blew at 36,700 miles - replaced oxygen sensor

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on December 12, 2002:

From:

RE: 2000 Blazer LS - transmission blew at 36,700 miles - replaced oxygen sensor

I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer LS it now has 40,000 miles on it and it's falling apart!! At 36,700 miles the transmission blew. The dealer was kind enough to cover it. I then was in the process of driving it from GA to PA and the service engine soon light came on so I took it to a Chevy dealership in PA who replaced the wires for $250.00.

Since I've been home 3 days now the service engine light appeared again and now it's the oxygen sensor which cost $300.00 the back wipers leaks fluid into the back to the car and it's out of warranty. I have owned many Chevy's and this will be my last!! Too many problems and the dealers act as if you should just suck it up and pay out the cash.

I understand every vehicle has maintenance. However. I take excellent car of my cars and this should not be happening. I have a 1994 Beretta w/ $170,000 miles and it runs like the day I bought it. Please advise. Kimberley Garrett DBG Fusion

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_42088#