Posted on Sunday, December 23rd, 2001 at 12:00am CST by 081d9fe4

Company: Metro Ford dealership, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands - 1999 Mercury Sable station wagon disappointment

December 21, 2001:

From:

RE: Metro Ford dealership, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands - 1999 Mercury Sable station wagon disappointment

I bought a Mercury Sable station wagon in1999 through Metro Ford dealership in St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands that is a grave disappointment. From the first day it was driven off the parking lot it squeeks whenever the brakes are applied. During the 3 year warrenty period I have taken it to the dealer to rectify the problem no less than six (6) times, to no avail. They changed the Rota four times, once when it was cracked with no obvious explanation. With the warranty up i find myself in a quandry; I have just paid to have the rota replaced because the brake pad was worn and I ignored the squeeking signal that would have warned me that the pads need replacing. But the car has been squeeking from day one when the brakes are applied!!!! Because of this lemon I have to change brake pads when they might not be due for changing or endanger my family by trying to decide the meaning of the different squeeks coming from the car.