Posted on Wednesday, December 19th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by e53ae02b

Company: 2002 Kia Spectra LS - check engine light turned on in brand new car, unable to fix problem

December 17, 2001:

From:

RE: 2002 Kia Spectra LS - check engine light turned on in brand new car, unable to fix problem

Hi

I have a complaint in regards to a 2002 Kia Spectra LS that have been giving me problems since the day that i bought it. I bought the car on the 16th November the Check Engine lights come on the next day. I take it in on the 19th November.

I wanted to get out of the contract however i was told that that was impossible so the 21ist i sold the car back to the dealership and bought a different color of the same car. The contract was more money than the previous contract that i had. the next day in this car the check engine comes on again.

So the following friday 23rd i take the car in. they checked and said that the tension was loose. that lasted a week then the check light comes on again this time i took it in they had to replace the sensor because it was bad. I've had the vehicle for another week and the check engine goes on again.

To sum the story up no one is admitting that the kia spectra 2002 LS has a problem with there sensor. Or that they will work with me to get something else. So I'm very dissatisfied in general with the service that i"ve being given. The dealership is Phil Long at Chapel Hills colorado springs Colorado

Daren Caine

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_70454#

9037fccf, 2008-09-30, 11:28AM CDT

I have had the same problem with my 2002 Kia Spectra. After a month after purchasing it, the check engine light came on. I can't even begin to tell you how much distress this has cause our family for the past 4 years. Every year we have to get an inspection waiver because it fails inspection. We get the waiver only after we put it in the shop for an indefinite time period, a statement from the mechanic saying nothing is wrong with the car, a mechanic bill of at least $200(minimum amount required by the state I live in to spend on mechanic fees to get waiver, fines from the state for late registration (because without inspection pass we can't register the car!) Also, the money we have spent on renting a car while I await the process of getting the waiver. We have no extra vehicle. This car is all we have. I regret buying the Kia and would not recommend anyone to ever buy a Kia!! Now excuse me while I go shoot myself.