Posted on Wednesday, December 19th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by 48e36b29

Company: General Electric 24 cubit ft. side by side, Stainless - model TPS24BPC - freezing problem

December 17, 2001:

From:

RE: General Electric 24 cubit ft. side by side, Stainless - model TPS24BPC - freezing problem

My husband and I chose a General Electric 24 cubic foot, side-by-side refrigerator, in Stainless Steel. The model number was: TPS24BPC.

We have owned this refrigerator for only 7 months, and it has the most UNEVEN COOLING and CRAMPED storage of any refrigerator that I have ever owned. If you push an item towards the back of the CRAMPED refrigerator compartment, it will FREEZE.

When I called the GE repairman to come to the house to fix this problem, he showed up and said, "Ma'am, we get at least ONE CALL PER WEEK about this same FREEZING problem. There is nothing we can do. The refrigerator was designed this (POOR) way." We are furious. In addition, there is little storage for tall items, like pitchers, inside the refrigerator.

We have the "entertainment area" in the door for storage of milk, OJ, butter and other frequently accessed items. The door on this area ALWAYS SQUEAKS. Yet, because of this, inside the refrig, there is hardly any space left to put tall items.

We are always storing things on top of one another. I have never had to resort to these tactics. I am going to investigate to see if there is a "lemon" law on appliances, because this one sure is a lemon. If we could find someone to buy it from us, we'd certainly sell it.... BUYER BEWARE.