Orkin Pest Control - billed for services not requested, attempted collection

Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by 723076a3

Company: Orkin Pest Control - billed for services not requested, attempted collection

December 15, 2001:

From:

RE: Orkin Pest Control - billed for services not requested, attempted collection

Orkin Pest Control billed for services that were not requested. An initial contract was presented to me as covering all services that I was paying for at the time of signing of the contract. Several months later I received a bill from them for services that included a technician coming to the house when no one was there and looking around the front of the house for signs of mice.

When I inquired why I was receiving a bill, I was told that I had signed a contract in which it was stated that additional services, above and beyond what I was paying for, would be provided for a period of time that the company determined would be necessary and that I would be billed for those services.

I informed them that I would not have agreed to such a contract and that that was not what was represented to me. I asked to speak with the technician who had explained the contract to establish that this was not what I was told I was signing. I also requested a copy of the contract.

Neither of these requested were honored. Instead a company representative actually offered to reduce the amount of money they were requesting. They have since had technicians call, collection companies, and now a lawyer, who threatened to find out where I work and garnish my wages for several hundred dollars. Orkin Pest Control has committed one of two things. Either they have made a mistake about a bill and have overcharged me, or they have committed fraud by misrepresenting services to consumers in order to gain profits.