Macy's - Sterns and Foster mattress, purchased from Macy's - indentation after 6 months, no help

Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by ca21e71d

Product: Sterns and Foster mattress

Company: Macy's

Category: Stores, Shopping

I PURCHASED A NEW QUEEN SIZE MATTRESS #493340 FROM MACY DEPARTMENT STORE IN ROOSEVELT FIELD LONG ISLAND, WHICH WAS DELIVERED ON 8/10/01.

THE MATTRESS IS ONLY 4 MONTHS OLD, AND IS EXHIBITING AN INDENTATION ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND MAKES NOISE WHEN YOU MOVE ON THE BED. THERE IS NO OTHER POINT ON THE BED THAT SHOWS THIS INDENTATION, AND WHILE THE

INDENT IS NOT 1-1/2 IT APPEARS THAT I WILL HAVE A PROBLEM. I PURCHASED THE MATTRESS FOR $877.77, AND WITH THE STERNS AND FOSTER NAME, I DID NOT EXPECT TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH MY MATTRESS. I HAD THE MACY'S INSPECTOR COME OVER, AND HE PO-PO THE PROBLEM STATING THAT THE INDENT WASN'T ANY LARGER THAN 3/4 OF AN INCH DEEP. HAD I PURCHASED THIS SAME MATTRESS FROM 1-800-MATTRES, THEY WOULD HAVE ALREADY REPLACED THE MATTRESS BEING ONLY 4 MONTHS OLD.

I STILL HAVE MY OLD MATTRESS OF OVER 25 YEARS OLD THAT MY GRANDCHILDREN JUMP ON AND IT DOES NOT EXHIBIT THIS PROBLEM (THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED IN MY BEDROOM TO JUMP ON THE NEW MATTRESS). THE INDENT IS ON MY WIFE'S SIDE OF THE BED, AND I AM A LOT HEAVIER THAN SHE, AND THERE IS NO INDENT ON MY SIDE, NOR THE NOISE WHEN SHE MOVES. THE FRAME IS NEW WHICH I WAS ADVISED T0 TAKE WITH THE MATTRESS TO INSURE THAT I WOULDN'T VOID THE WARANTEE.

I DON'T KNOW IF ANYTHING CAN BE DONE AT THIS EARLY DATE, BUT I WAS NOT AT ALL SATISFIED WITH THE ATTITUDE OF THE INSPECTOR THAT CAME OVER,

NOR HIS REPORT.

MY NAME IS EDWARD A CASSONE 505 NORTH SYRACUSE AVENUE NORTH MASSAPEQUA,

NEW YORK 11758. I WOULD APPRECIATE AN ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM.

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE AND WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY