Providian Visa and Mastercard - concern about high interest rate charges, APR I have 2 credit cards with Providian. These were my first and only 2 cards. The APR is very high but I guess - Providian Visa and Mastercard - concern about high interest rate charges, APR

Posted on Friday, December 14th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by 08b18634

Company: Providian Visa and Mastercard - concern about high interest rate charges, APR I have 2 credit cards with Providian. These were my first and only 2 cards. The APR is very high but I guess

December 12, 2001:

From:

RE: Providian Visa and Mastercard - concern about high interest rate charges, APR I have 2 credit cards with Providian. These were my first and only 2 cards. The APR is very high but I guess I really wanted a credit card. I had received an offer in the mail from my bank to transfer my balances and make payments through the bank. It sounded great but I called providian and told them I had a better offer for lower APR and no annual fee, providian likes those annual fees.

I was told that I cannot lower my APR and I can only have to annual fee taken off as a one time special offer. I have never heard of that. I am a good customer and pay my bill on time every time and pay more then the minimum! When I told them that I would be transferring my balances they really didn't care and said there is nothing they can do.

This was a couple months ago and I will now just pay the 2 cards off and cut them up, I do not use them, except for a few times for Christmas. The APR is TOO much. If my APR was lower I would consider keeping the cards.

If this is how they treat a good custmer I do not want to know how they treat anyone else. They are also very pushy. Whenever I call to ask a question they try to push me to get credit insurance. I get many phone calls asking the same thing.

I see others have had this problem in the past before. If someone is wanting a credit card I suggest thinking twice about accepting one from Providian!!!!

www.providian.com