Automotive - Toyota - 2000 Camry transmission leaking at 20,000 miles

Company: Automotive - Toyota - 2000 Camry transmission leaking at 20,000 miles

Brand New Toyoya may not be NEW

Toyota Dealers

From: Jason Sun COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_22838#

Date: Monday, March 05, 2001 01:46 PM Sent To: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_65960# 3/5/01 1:45:55 PM Dear Toyota dealer: a consumer posted the following e-message at Complaints.com. Please respond directly to the consumer, using the consumer's name and e-mail address (as per the From: field above). You may also wish to respond publicly on the Complaints.com site. Just locate this e-message posted in your business's conference and click on the "Reply to" link. (Note: a user registration is required before posting e-messages to the Complaints.com site.)

_____________________ I bougth a 2000 Camry. At 10K, the air filter was dirty. At 20K, the transmission was leaking, the brake pad was almost worn out. I never wear out brake pad in 20K, usually 40K or more. I suspect this car was refurbished. It was used for testing or whatever, then it was refurbished for sale as new car. I called TOyota service center regarding my concern, particularly worn brake pad. In the beginning, the customer service person suggests that it was the new brake material. When I asked when the material was introduced, it turned out to be 10 years ago. Then the customer service person suggests it's my driving. From my experience, the customer service's job is to point fingers at customers or to give misleading information. My suggestion to all drivers. STOP BUYING TOYOTA. A company which trashes loyal customers, does not want our business. If you have problems with Toyota cars, don't call customer service center. You will feel more frustrated. Go to court or file a formal dispute process. In Toyota Manual, there is a dispute procedure through objective third party. This is what I am going to do.