1996 Dodge Stratus with 55,000 miles needs transmission replaced Dear Complaints.com-- - Automotive, Chrysler - 1996 Dodge Stratus 55,000 miles and requires new transmission

Posted on Friday, March 30th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by a66de67a

Company: 1996 Dodge Stratus with 55,000 miles needs transmission replaced Dear Complaints.com--

Complaints.com received the following e-message on March 29, 2001:

From: Arnold Seitz

RE: 1996 Dodge Stratus with 55,000 miles needs transmission replaced Dear Complaints.com--

I just visited your WEB site for the lst time and I am very impressed. However, I did not find an area that would tell me how a recall effort is started. Must one complain to some governmental unit, start a lawsuit, or what?

I have a l996 Dodge Stratus with 55,000 miles on it. It has had computer problems, 2 recalls, and now the transmission is going. We took it to four different types of garages: Goodyear, an independent mechanic, a mechanic specializing in transmissions, and a Chrysler dealer. All agree that the transmission needs to be replaced. But at each place we also heard about the number of Chrysler products of the last several years that had failed transmissions.

If that's the case, how does a recall get started? Would appreciate your advice.

M. Bach