Jordans Furniture I recently bought a cocktail table at Jordans Furniture in Avon MA. - Stores, Furniture - Jordans Furniture, Avon, MA poor quality furniture

Posted on Wednesday, March 14th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by f71f4005

Company: Jordans Furniture I recently bought a cocktail table at Jordans Furniture in Avon MA.

Complaints.com received the following e-message on March 13, 2001:

From: Patel, Divyang [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_22769#]

RE: Jordans Furniture I recently bought a cocktail table at Jordans Furniture in Avon MA.

When I saw the floor model It was very nice with good finishing, however when I went to pick up the merchandise it was totally different from what I saw. It has stains all around and also the wood was chipped at places at the bottom. And the Bottom surface was of a totally different material than that on the show piece.

I refused to take it and asked them to get me another one.

They told me to come back the next day to get a new piece.

Now when I went the second day, they showed me another piece and it had the same markings on that and it was also Chipped in different places.

I refused again to take that piece and went to the customer service representative.

She told me that If the model on the floor was in the same condition then, that's what I would get (Chipped and stained cocktail table). It would not matter what condition it was in if it was in the same condition then I would get the same.

I showed her the floor display and the one they were giving us and she readily agreed that it was very different from the one they have on display.

Also she said that you get what you paid for, If you had bought a much higher priced table it would be in better condition, The cocktail table was for $229.

No one cares about the quality of the material they are selling, if the manufacturer gives them degrading material then the consumer will also get the same. They DONOT CARE ABOUT QUALITY nor do they care about CUSTOMER SATISFACTIONS

No one wants to own up that they are to blame for not checking the material and that they should get back to the manufacturer and replace those with the quality they display.

Finally they told me that the manufacturer had changed the specifications and that even with the stains and chipped wood and different bottom I would still have to pay the same price.

I still haven't received a satisfactory answer yet as to what I should do. But to all those who buy there please check your merchandise before you take delivery It may not be what you paid for.