Restaurants, Fast Food - Kentucky Fried Chicken poor service, poorer food

Posted on Wednesday, June 14th, 2000 at 1:43pm CDT by ad01e43b

Company: Restaurants, Fast Food - Kentucky Fried Chicken poor service, poorer food

Poor service, poorer food

Kentucky Fried Chicken

From: Krystal Smith COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_29285#

Date: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 01:43 PM

_____________________

I have had it with the poor service from Kentucky Fried Chicken, so much so, that I will never return as a customer. Each time that my family and I have patronized that business (no matter the location), over the last twelve months, we have been faced with rude employees, poor service, terrible food and an over all lack of satisfaction. The final straw came last month. We decided to drive thru and order dinner to take home. The lady at the speaker didn't ask what we wanted to order, she simply said "give me your order". Biting our tougues, we ordered and preceded to the window, where we were faced with even more hostility and rudeness. She didn't greet us cordially, she said "$21.76", then proceded to snatch the money out of my husbands hands. When the cashier returned our change, she dropped half of it on to the ground. She wasn't paying attention, she was talking to another employee. She didn't tell us that there would be a wait, she closed the window for us to sit and wonder about our order. When she returned to give us our food, she slung the bag out of the window, then turned and walked away, without saying a thing. We waited to find out if our order was complete. When she returned to the window, she said "what do you want?". When we inquired about the completeness of our order, she said "that's it!". Once home, we found that our order was not complete and the portion of the order that we had was undercooked and tasted worse than anything we had ever eaten. The cole slaw, tasted metallic, the potatoes were cold, as was the gravy. I decided to contact the manager. I called the store that we had just been to, asked to speak to the manager, and was treated even more rudely by the manager. She didn't apologize for the service or the food, she didn't even say hello, she just listened and asked "is that it?". I then asked for the number to the home office, she reluctantly gave me the number. After several attempts to reach a human, at the other end of the home office line, I left a voice mail. No one returned my phone calls, so after two weeks, I was reeling. I went to the KFC web site and left a comment online about the poor service. No one has contacted me about my complaints. I have since chosen to never patronize KFC ever again. Rude service is one thing, but the fact that KFC is less than eager to make right many wrongs, leaves me feeling as though the money that I work very hard to earn, is not worthy of them.

The # 7 is a reply to the above message:

Poor service, poorer food

Kentucky Fried Chicken

From: Angela Bonnell COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66935#

Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 12:16 AM

_____________________

quickly and heartily agree with everything that has been written in this post. One day, my co-workers and I decided to go to KFC for lunch. We only have 30 minutes, so we decided to do the drive thru as it would be quicker(so we thought). I pull up to the drive through and said(as I have done numerous times before) "I have two seperate orders." The reply? "We don't do seperate orders." I said, "But, I've been here before and you've always done seperate orders." "Not anymore." Was her reply. By this point, I was angry. I told the lady that there was absolutely no one behind us and it was rather deserted so I couldn't understand why she would not do two seperate orders. It was a very simple request! Her reply? "Well, now we have a policy. We don't do seperate orders." I said "OK-then it must be your policy to alienate customers." and I pulled off. I swore that I would never go to that restaurant again.

2a699e84, 2009-07-06, 12:33PM CDT

kfc your store in dunn nc sucks i went there on sat. to get cole slaw and had to return it also they threw out a whole case that was bad and gave me a new one.it was in the refridgerator over night and when we got to eat it, low and behold, it went sour over night. now she told me it was fresh, bu if it was, why did it go bad just over night. please clean up your store in dunn ,nc a lost customer

ed941bf0, 2009-09-01, 01:22PM CDT

40 Days ago, we went to KFC after a very tiring day to buy a take-out dinner at 9:07 pm -- 3 diabetics who hadn't eaten all day and needed to EAT.

We got the 12.6 miles home, opened our order (a 12 pc bucket meal w/an extra coleslaw -- $32.42), and found that their employees apparently can't COUNT chicken pcs. We got the correct # of legs & wings (3 ea.), but FOUR thighs (which we don't like!), and ONE breast (our favorite). I called back and asked for the manager, who gave me two choices: either make the 25.2 mile R/T back and she would give us a ''free'' 12 pc bucket (not meal), OR give her our address and she would send us a coupon for a 12-pc bucket AND throw in a chocolate cake coupon. It was 9:35 pm, I assumed they'd be closing at 10 pm, and we were FAMISHED (not to mention that A.) the trip would cost us $6. in fuel & B.) delay dinner til 10:30 pm, while the other food got cold.

I opted for her sending me the coupons, even though this meant we were being roped into having to BUY more food to go with the 12-pc bucket when we used the coupons. They RUINED our dinner...

which we had considered a treat, because at their exhorbitant prices, on a retirement income, we can't afford to go to KFC as often as we'd have liked.

Long story short... no coupons in the mail. I waited over a week, called & spoke to a different manager. She said

''she didn't send the coupons?'' ''I will send u coupons to replace the entire order & the choco cake!!'', she said.

When they didn't arrive, I went online, found the home office and called their complaint line. Talked to a 3RD person representing KFC. SHE promised to send coupons. That was about 12 days after the incident. They've never arrived. I left a nastygram on their online complaint forum. NO response. It's now been 40-odd days.

I and my family will never spend another DIME at KFC. The lying jerks!

ac4ecd0d, 2009-10-02, 06:04PM CDT

I think your right! KFC is full of shit. There food sucks, their employees lack manners, and there managers are sorry has hell. They don't know what customer service is (reily rd. fay. nc

49fae04d, 2010-02-28, 07:50PM CST

Sure is a shame to be charged for something you don't want.I was at store no.J955012 on Raeford rd. here in Fayetteville,NC.I ask for the phone number to call the main office but It was not given to me.My wife and my self wanted to eat chicken so on the way home we both decided on KF as we do from time to time.We just wanted the food and no drink.We eat at home.Yet,I had to pay for the drink as well.Don't seem right to pay for it when you don't drink soda.Sugar runs up my blood sugar.I don't want you to send a coupon saying it'll be all right.This has to change.Your taking money from the people who depends on your honesty.You keep that little bit of change.I work hard for my little bit of money and I don't like this at all.I would be grate full that this change takes place for all people and KF keep on doing the right thing.Thanks you for any help you can give on this.

605faf22, 2011-01-06, 07:57PM CST

You are right. the store was rude. and the manager was rude. this is what happens when you hire black people. they are rude. they dont multi task and they are slow. they are sitting around waiting for obama to give them something for nothing. you cant fire them because they scream racism

3f86c128, 2011-01-22, 04:43AM CST

I think it is ok to never go the restaurant again.

Clay Douglass