Airlines - ProAir flight cancelled

From: Suzanne Monda COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_29296#

Date: Sunday, June 18, 2000 07:19 PM

Sent To: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_66937# 6/18/2000 7:19:54 PM

_____________________

I was booked on ProAir Flight 323 on May 2, 2000 at 9 a.m. from Newark, N.J. to Chicago-Midway; return on May 8, 2000 on Flight 324. On May l at ll:00 p.m. a representative called and told me that the flight had been cancelled and they would refund my ticket cost. It was absolutely necessary that I get to Chicago that day because my grandson was undergoing a tonsillectomy on May 3 at 7:30 a.m. and I was needed to babysit his little sister. These plans had been made a month ahead. The representative said it was impossible to get me there until May 3 and I would have to fly out of LaGuardia not Newark. After another call, two representatives said that if I got a ticket on another airline ProAir would probably refund me the difference in price. I got the cheapest price I could from Northwest, but it was still $231 more than my original ticket (almost double). A phone call on May 4 gained me the offer of a free round trip ticket, which I don't want. A letter written on May ll, 2000 has received no reply at all. I was originally told that the cancellation was due to mechanical problems, but an article in USA Today on May 9, 2000 states that their whole operation is slowing down and all flights from Newark were being ended. Delta has a lawsuit against ProAir for $734,000 in ground handling fees.