Sleep's - House & Home - Sleep's Advanced comfort mattress no refund or exchange allowed for wrong size mattress purchase

Posted on Saturday, July 15th, 2000 at 12:36pm CDT by 860e46eb

Product: Advanced comfort mattress

Company: Sleep's

Category: Stores, Shopping

We purchased a mattress on the night of 7/13/00. We brought the mattress home in our car. When we arrived home, we realized that the mattress was the wrong size. We called the store and were informed that it could be exchanged not refunded as we had been led to believe by our salesman, Art. He arranged for us to get a new mattress which would be delivered Saturday during a 3 hour, 4 hour, or 5 hour window, depending on to whom we were speaking. We called to inform the salesman that we were returning the mattress to the store, as this is a summer house and we have no place to keep an extra mattress, but we were told we could not do this and still get an exchange. The only way we could get an exchange was if the expertly trained drivers determined that the mattress was ok. I can only surmise that the store salespersons are not trained well enough to determine if the mattress is returnable condition. When I spoke to Tony, the salesman on duty Friday morning, I was told that it was not his responsibility to help us, as he was not our salesman, and if the mattress was damaged by staying here until Saturday, it wasn't his store. I spoke to Bernice, Laorna and Ceser Lopez at customer services and tried to explain the hardship it was causing by having the mattress here, but the repeated reply was that this is company policy. I can only hope that people will find another company from which to buy mattresses.