Expedia.com - Travel Agents - Expedia.com false advertising, rude customer service

Posted on Saturday, July 1st, 2000 at 5:56pm CDT by fd6bdb37

Company: Expedia.com

Category: Travel, Vacations

I purchased tickets on Expedia.com. E-tickets were offered on the screen, and then denied one screen later. It was only after requesting paper tickets that the screen showed it would take 10 business days for them to reach me (that would not have worked in my situation). I called immediately, cancelled the tickets, and was told my account would not be charged. 2 days later my account WAS charged. Staff was uncooperative and very rude when I tried to rectify the situation. In fact, they blamed me, and then my bank, for the error in the transaction. An Expedia.com supervisor, who left me a rude voicemail message and refused to identify herself, would not speak to me when I called back. Staff also refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor. Due to these false charges, I also incurred bank overdraft charges. No proof of credit was given, and according to Expedia.com's information, a credit was not even processed until 3 days after I cancelled the tickets. Expedia.com staff member kept me on the phone for over 20 minutes, trying to convince me this situation was my fault. In short, the refused to take responsibility for their false and misleading advertising, and their extremely poor and rude customer service. I will not do business with this company ever again, and I urge others to avoid them as well.