Fifth Third Bank - Money, Car Loans - Fifth Third Bank overpayment of car loan handled poorly by Fifth Third Bank

Posted on Thursday, January 4th, 2001 at 11:51am CST by 0e811094

Company: Fifth Third Bank

Category: Business, Finances

Below is the saga of my trying to get back an overpayment on my car loan.

I did eventually get it back after great effort and more than a couple notches on the blood pressure chart.

I incurred $50 in charges getting my checks back from my bank.

Fifth Third promised to reimburse me for any expenses I incurred. Fifth Third lied. I opted not to follow up on this. I had been treated like shit simply getting money back that they stole from me. I wasn't about to voluntarily put myself through this again.

How NOT to treat a customer Background - I paid extra on the principle on my car loan. When I finished up the payment book, I realized that I should have finished up a couple months early.

I had been living at my new address for over a year and had faithfully sent in change of address forms provided by the post office.

In addition, I noted the change of address both on my payment coupons and the envelopes they were sent in. I had not been notified of my account closure because Fifth Third didn't change my address. So I continued to pay on a closed account.

Fifth Third continued to cash the checks and put the money into a limbo account. 09/07/99 14:30 Sent fax to Melissa J at 579-6020. This contained copies of the cancelled checks that Fifth Third cashed. This was despite the that that my car loan account had been closed 7 months earlier.

To get copies of my checks, I had to pay $10 for each of the 5 checks. Melissa said that Fifth Third would reimburse me for expenses I incurred trying to get my money back.

09/09/99 14:30 Called to ask Melissa J if she had received my fax. She was unavailable. Left message asking her to return my call. Melissa didn't return my call.

09/13/99 08:50 Called to ask Melissa J if she had received my fax. She was unavailable. Left message asking her to return my call Melissa didn't return my call.

09/16/99 10:00 Called to ask Melissa J if she had received my fax. Waited on hold 13 minutes before someone hung up on me.