1999 VW - Automotive, Volkswagon - 1999 VW Jetta car burns oil, rude service by VW

Posted on Wednesday, January 24th, 2001 at 12:00am CST by 1c6c9577

Company: 1999 VW

Complaints.com received the following e-message on January 23, 2001:

From: Amanda Baker [COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_18548#]

RE: 1999 VW

I own a 1999 VW Jetta.

I wanted to be one of the first to own the new style of the Jetta.

To my surprise the car uses oil. Your car comes with a 24,000 mile warranty and every 5,000 miles you get a free oil change. I noticed at 3,000 miles my car was off the dipstick.

I took it and then said I should do a oil consumption test. After it was done they said it was normal.

If it was normal and they knew these cars used oil, they why did they offer a oil consumption test?

We called corporate to make a complaint and they said it is my responsibility to add oil every 1,000 miles.

I said that you should make that clear in the manual or at the time of purchase, she replied " we do not have to tell you to add gasoline to your vehicle."

No kidding if you run out of gas you will not destroy your engine. Also the front driver side window broke at 2 years. Battery went dead at 1 year, and it was impossible locating another battery.

The brakes needed to be repaired at 50,000 miles not only do you have to replace brake pads but you have to replace the rotors.

That is a minimum of $600.00. If you have one of these cars start saving you money now.

I hate this car and regret ever purchasing it.