Posted on Thursday, January 18th, 2001 at 10:49am CST by d99f0316

Company: Stores, Goodyear Store, Alexandria, VA won't take responsibility for snapping a lugnot off during service

Problem with Goodyear

Goodyear

From: Allen Frommelt COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_18612#

Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 10:49 AM

_____________________

I have a problem with the Goodyear Store at 5701 Duke Street, Landmark Shopping Center, Alexandria, VA 22304, (703) 354-2034.

We had four new tires placed on my wife's car. Goodyear snapped a lugnut off, didn't tell us despite numerous phone calls and then charged us $100 to fix it (parts and labor).

Likewise, as soon as we drove out of the shop, the left front tire started squealing.

After leaving the car with Goodyear for another night, they determined that the brake sensor was rubbing on the rotor. "I can't believe no one mentioned this when you bought the tires", the mechanic said.

I find it coincidental that the problem started as soon as we got the new tires.

Goodyear also was very uncommunicative and defensive, constantly referring to "Certified Technician" as an excuse for their lack of forthrightness.

Allen Frommelt

The following e-message was received by Complaints.com as a follow-up to the above message.

Problem with Goodyear-Update

Goodyear

From: Allen Frommelt COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_18612#

Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 07:33 AM

_____________________

I wanted to update you on the Goodyear situation.

After having our mechanic look at the brakes that Goodyear suggested we replace, we were told that the brakes have 60% left and do not need replacing (he had no incentive to lie since he would have gotten the business of replacing the brakes).

In Goodyear's defense, the company (not the individual store with which I am having problems) has offered to send us a check for $58.50 to cover the cost of the broken bolt that we replaced.

Allen Frommelt