UPS - Delivery Services, UPS - for eBay purchase eBay purchase was delivered to Seller and not Buyer, multiple mistakes

Posted on Wednesday, January 17th, 2001 at 10:33am CST by c15097a8

Company: UPS

Category: Delivery, Moving Services, Storage

Okay. Try and follow: I won an eBay auction for two vintage computers and a box of software. The seller recommended I have them shipped via United Parcel Service (UPS) since it was cheaper. Turns out you get what you pay for. The packages were sent out, from Yakima, WA, destination Peoria, IL. The first two arrived beautifully. The third got as far as the UPS hub in Cach, IL, where it was inexplicably routed back to Yakima. Contacted the seller, he called UPS and told them that was incorrect, it should go to Peoria. Package is re-routed to Peoria, gets as far as Cach, IL, and is routed back to Yakima AGAIN! Called UPS, they have the delivery address listed as the SELLER's address, not mine. Had them change it. Called back the next day to check on it, delivery address was back to the seller's address again! Had them change it back, and they tried to tell me that they had the seller address listed as destination for the other two packages as well. If that's the case, why did those two make it to my address successfully? UPS will not admit they made a mistake. Still waiting on my package, no one at UPS has a clue what's going on. Incompetence, sheer incompetence. UPS must hire people fired from the U. S. Postal service for not doing their job. That or they just don't care now that they won the strike and got everything they wanted. Customer service is useless. These people claim to fix the incorrect info, but it's still wrong in their system. They can't connect me to the Yakima or Cach hubs so I can talk to someone there, they don't have the phone number.Yes, that's right, UPS customer service doesn't have a list of their own phone numbers! What a freakin' bureaucracy! My package has made three trips halfway across the country and it seems no one can do anything about it. Keeps telling me to talk to the seller, it's not their problem. Yes, they have my package, they're throwing it all over the western U. S. , but it's "not their problem!" Imbeciles. If I am ever to use UPS again, I want a full refund for the shipping costs, the full purchase price of the item if it turns out to be damaged from all the handling, and an admission of guilt and apology (both in writing and over the phone) would be a nice gesture. And cleaning up their act, if they can manage that.