Computer Software - Norton Internet Security 2001

From: Curtis Smith COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_18694#

Date: Thursday, January 11, 2001 01:40 PM

Sent To: http://service.symantec.com 1/11/01 1:40:23 PM

_____________________

This software includes a firewall and an antivirus.

I had this software on my computer and it worked fine. But my system had a really bad crash and I ended up with alot of corupted data on my hard drive.

I really didn't have much on it I was worried about saving so I ran the restore disk.

After restoration I tried to reinstall NIS 2001 and the firewall part installs great but the antivirus doesn't. I had to resort to my 2000 NAV disk to have some kind of protection.

I went to Norton's so-called support site where they have a place to contact their support team (waste of time). I typed the same info you are reading here about what happened.

I received an e-mail saying to look up support for the 2000 NAV. Which is not what I wanted support for. So I am finding out although I have been a diehard Norton user that this will change as of now.

I will not ever use another Norton product, nor will I suggest their products to freinds or family. Word of mouth gets around fast.

Oh yeah!! Charging customers for phone support (since your web support is worthless) will only mean non-return customers and a bad reputation for your company.

McAfee here I come.

Later gentlemen.

Complaints.com received the following e-message, from the same consumer, several hours after receiving the above e-message:

NIS 2001

Norton

From: Curtis Smith COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_18694#

Date: Thursday, January 11, 2001 07:20 PM

Subject: NIS 2001 From: Curtis Smith COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_18694# Sent To: 1/11/01 7:20:39 PM

_____________________

Just to let the people who read this site know , I managed to get NIS 2001 in my system.

Not because of any help from Norton which would be asking to much.

It was from two days of tooth pulling agony of manually finding files and pulling them here and there.

I know I said I would not use Norton again but living in a small town I can't just run up town and get the software I want.

So I will have to use it till I get another brand which will I will definately do.

After that I will never look at another symantec product.